Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Carlisle & Cumbria Mums

(13 Posts)
Cuillin Thu 03-Feb-05 09:03:26

Hi. I have 2 boys - 2 years and 10 months. I am looking to find other mums in the area for a chat or possible meet up.

roisin Thu 03-Feb-05 19:13:36

Hiya Cuillin! I thought I'd bump this up for you. I'm in Cumbria, but a long way from you: SW Cumbria.

Hope you find someone nearer!

(Btw last year we did have a meet-up at Grizedale in the summer, which was lovely.)

chatee Thu 03-Feb-05 19:17:58

hiya roisin,
how are you and your lovely boys? dd still talks about the day in the forest with the boys and ms's dd...she had a fab time
hiya cuillin,
i am alot more north than roisin, where are you?

roisin Thu 03-Feb-05 20:29:12

Hi Chatee! How's your dd getting on at school? We were up at Oasis a couple of weeks ago, and spent most of the time just in the forest and riding bikes; it made us think we really should go up to Grizedale more often ... but of course we don't!

chatee Thu 03-Feb-05 21:09:39

she loves school so far, tomorrow we have a parents assembly where each class puts on some sort of performance, dd is really excited as they are doing some song about the three little pigs and the end of the rhyme has the wolf falling into a well and he burnt his tail and bum as well......dd thinks this is soooooo funny, luckily a friend will take ds to nursery otherwise i would have missed this...

roisin Fri 04-Feb-05 08:42:39

Oh yes! Bums for 5 yr olds

Yesterday I went in to read with ds2 and two friends at the end of school. I was the only parent who did this week. I chose a David MacKee book, which I wasn't familiar with ... it was very good. It ended in the word 'bum' (referring to a fart) and resulted in the three children skipping and giggling back into the classroom to tell the whole class and the teacher all about it loudly!

Cuillin Fri 04-Feb-05 09:04:46

Hi Rosin and Chatee. We are based in Carlisle - about as far north in cumbria as you can get. It sounds like your children are slightly older than mine. Where are you based?

chatee Fri 04-Feb-05 12:20:26

hi cuillin,
i have a dd aged 4.5 and a ds who will be 1 the end of this month and snap i'm about as far north as you can get.....
where you affected by the flood?

Marina Fri 04-Feb-05 12:44:12

I posted about this chatee a while back...are you OK now? (hi Cuillin ).
Mum and dad (in Denton Holme) just about got away unscathed although they were on standby to bail out.
Apparently the city is still in a shocking state, especially round Caldewgate

roisin Fri 04-Feb-05 14:02:06

Hi all Cumbrians! Sorry Cuillin, I should have introduced myself properly. I have two boys as well, but not at such a cute stage as yours!
They are 5 and 7

chatee Fri 04-Feb-05 19:38:56

yes, some parts of the city are still in a very sorry state with household appliances still on the streets....that's when you realise the severity of the damage and how widespread across the city the damage was.Esso have announced the closure of two of their petrol stations that were damaged and the sites are now up for sale.The police station is going to be closed for at least 6 months due to the damage.On a positive note at dd's school they have raised over £4,200 for the Tsunami and also The Carlisle Flood Relief Appeal and had received many donations from local companies for the Raffle(which was originally Tsunami)that have sinced been damaged by the floods themselves.At school today we had a special assembly where the theme was homes and it was just lovely, i was crying, all the children took part and some really emotional work had been done by the children....the head teacher was so proud of the children especially some of the pictures done by yrs5 and 6.....
thanks for asking about carlisle-hope i haven't bored you all silly

rhiana Fri 11-Feb-05 10:31:45

hi girls, i live in carlisle too. have 8 year old boy and 9w old girl. x

roisin Fri 11-Feb-05 19:04:24

Hi Rhiana! Welcome to Mumsnet

Hope to meet you sometime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now