Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

city gals go mad (Jura, Squiffy, Page62, LegalAlien, and anyone else who is mad enough to join us...)

(121 Posts)
AtheneNoctua Tue 08-Jul-08 16:28:38

Right, let's plan...

As I recall the last one was near Victoria at Noura to accommodate all the travel connections. Shall we rekindle that plan?

Let's do a vote for Friday's in Aug.

8th
AtheneNoctua

15th
AtheneNoctua

22nd
AtheneNoctua

legalalien Tue 08-Jul-08 17:35:49

8th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien

15th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien

22nd
AtheneNoctua
legalalien (but other dates better for me as this is likely to be my last day in the current job)

Page62 Tue 08-Jul-08 17:41:13

8th
AtheneNoctua
Page 62 (but early flight next day)

15th
AtheneNoctua
Page62 -- CANNOT (on hols)

22nd
AtheneNoctua
Page 62 - CANNOT (on hols)

29th
Page 62

AtheneNoctua Tue 08-Jul-08 18:25:04

ok, that leaves us with the 8th, if that's okay with you Page62.

LA, that was very sneaky how you just chopped the 29th right off like no one would notice. hmm

Let's wait for Squiffy and Jura before we make a final decision on the date.

tap tap tap...

jura Wed 09-Jul-08 00:14:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 09-Jul-08 09:29:50

<barges in>

Athene has kindly invited me to gatecrash join you, given the failure of the SW posse to mass its forces.

I could (and would love to) join you on 22nd. The previous two dates I will be on holiday in Australia/San Francisco <showing off emoticon> and the last date I will be on my son's cricket camping tour hmm

AtheneNoctua Wed 09-Jul-08 10:06:56

8th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien

15th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien
jura

22nd
AtheneNoctua
legalalien (but other dates better for me as this is likely to be my last day in the current job)
jura
BecauseImWorthIt

29th
AtheneNoctua
Page 62
jura

AtheneNoctua Wed 09-Jul-08 10:09:03

I have tidied the list and removed names where the note said you couldn't make it. It makes the tally process much easier.

So, just waiting for Squiffy now.

tap tap tap...

legalalien Wed 09-Jul-08 10:42:52

Oi - unfair, the 29th isn't in the original post

fwiw I can make the 29th as well.

AtheneNoctua Wed 09-Jul-08 10:56:43

Oh, you are right. Page62 added it. Sorry!!!!!!!

blush

AtheneNoctua Wed 09-Jul-08 10:57:13

8th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien

15th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien
jura

22nd
AtheneNoctua
jura
BecauseImWorthIt

29th
AtheneNoctua
Page 62
jura
LegalAlien

squiffy Wed 09-Jul-08 14:00:22

<slopes in late, having dawdled on way by getting het up on latest SAHM vs WOHM thread>

Sorry I'm late, Miss. Dog ate my homework.

8th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien

15th
AtheneNoctua
legalalien
jura
Squiffy

22nd
AtheneNoctua
jura
BecauseImWorthIt
Squiffy (but other dates better as this is bank holiday w/e)

29th
AtheneNoctua
Page 62
jura
LegalAlien
Squiffy

AtheneNoctua Thu 10-Jul-08 14:20:42

So, 22nd and 29th have tied for most votes. Although a couple of people note that 22nd is not great so I expect one or two might back out.

What do people think... 22nd or 29th?

BIWI, you could always ditch the little cricketers on the 29th. (Sounds dreadfully boring anyway, isn't it like baseball???)

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 10-Jul-08 14:54:15

Oh no - I'd never be forgiven for that!

Cricket is not boring at all. It can actually be a very exciting game.

Really!

squiffy Fri 11-Jul-08 14:30:04

I think we should go for the 29th; the 22nd I think it will be difficult to find anywhere to stay as it is probably the busiest weekend of the year (being bank holiday...)

....we could of course all go camping with BIMI...

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 11-Jul-08 18:08:19

Oh yes - and it's my birthday the next day as well!

I'm sure my son would be really pleased if I brought you all along ... grin

AtheneNoctua Mon 14-Jul-08 08:05:43

Sounds like the 29th then

29th
AtheneNoctua
Page 62
jura
LegalAlien
Squiffy

Now where shall we go? We could rekindle the previously cancelled meet-up at Noura in Belgravia.

Page62 Mon 14-Jul-08 17:27:45

ooh, that looks good, i've never eaten in a lebanese restaurant before....
do you think other mums don't want to join us because of AN's fierce reputation (hahaha) just kidding

AtheneNoctua Mon 14-Jul-08 18:04:12

I think it's because they are hmm about someone who get out so rarely that she has never even eaten in a Lebanese restaurant.

Weirdo.

AbbyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Jul-08 21:47:52

Please excuse the butting in, but if you haven't posted about this on Mumsnet Local may we graciously suggest that you do so! (Can you tell we've been asked to remind you lot about it?)

AtheneNoctua Mon 14-Jul-08 22:09:24

But, it's a meet-up. If we post in local only those who know to look for it will see it. Also, our local areas range from Kent to SW London to the out reaches of West London. We would need a Greater London local group for that.

AbbyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Jul-08 22:54:43

Oops, have caused confusion. Not saying you can't post here - just suggesting might be good idea to post on local too. Maybe on site where meet up to be held?

AtheneNoctua Tue 15-Jul-08 08:11:07

Two threads on one topic? Sorry, Abby, I'm not really a fan of Mumsnet Local threads because they don't come up on active conversations; and I prefer a meet-up thread that is visible to all. The local threads by nature tend to be read only by people in that local area. And I don't want to exclude people who might be willing to travel. So I prefer to put it where all can see. I don't want anyone to feel they are not "invited".

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 15-Jul-08 08:24:48

It's hard enough to get people to reply to the meet up threads as it is!

Sorry I won't be able to join you on 29th. If you happen to still be out at midnight, raise a glass to me on my birthday!

Page62 Tue 15-Jul-08 08:58:29

really......it's weird that i haven't eaten in a lebanese restaurant?
i still think it's you AN wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now