Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Brentwood

(11 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Tue 01-Feb-05 22:11:17

Hi, any mums attend group or classes in the brentwood area. I have a 5 month old DD and would like to do more with her.

mmmmchocolate Wed 02-Feb-05 23:01:56

Hello any mummies in brentwood area..

bubbaloo Fri 04-Feb-05 16:20:55

hi there chocolate,
im not in brentwood-just down the road in chadwell heath so thought i'd say "hi".
im not a mummy yet but first baby is due at the beginning of june and im also looking to chat with other local mums

essbee Fri 04-Feb-05 16:23:40

Message withdrawn

starry Fri 04-Feb-05 16:33:24

Ds1 was born at Harold Wood Hospital! We moved when he was 16 months but used to take him to Bambinos at Keys hAll, Eagle way. Brilliant playgroup with everything for newborns up to 5 years. Totally recommend it

bubbaloo Fri 04-Feb-05 16:50:55

starry-how did you find harold wood when you had your ds1?
just thought i'd ask as im having ours there

starry Fri 04-Feb-05 20:48:57

Hi Bubbaloo

It was 'ok'. I was only in 1 night and the food was terrible (thin slice quiche, 3 warm roast potatoes and spoonful of beans!) for dinner so was glad dh had left me sandwiches and snacks in my bedside table. I didn't get much help TBH but they were under staffed as most places are. I had an episiotomy and stitches and was very swollen from ventouse delivery and needed help getting ds1 out of crib for breastfeeding but if I had waited for help each time ds1 would have starved. There was a lot of blood on my sheets and they didn't et changed and so during the night ds was lying on dried blood patches while I breastfed laying on my side to try and get a bit of sleep - so not great obviously. I also found the auxillery night nurse very unhelpful. When ds wouldn't settle and being a first time mum I didn't know what to do she said with a roll of the eyes 'Well that's breastfeeding i'm afraid. He's hungry becasue you don't have enough milk yet so I can get you a bottle?' which again is not ideal or particularly helpful. I declined the bottle but she tutted each time he cried after a feed when I tried to put him down. But that was almost 5 years ago now so.......many things may have changed (hopefully)

fee77 Fri 04-Feb-05 21:00:40

Sorry - not much has changed! I had dd in harold wood in 03. i had a cs, and high BP before so was i nfor 5 days - night mare! Food was awful - dd brought me in sandwiches everyday and stopped at Maccy Ds as soon as i was discharged! Sheets weren't changed for me either, and mine were not nice!! Most staff were nice though.
I live in hornchurch by the way

bubbaloo Fri 04-Feb-05 21:20:22

sounds great-cant wait to go in-LOL!!!
thanks anyway,sorry i asked

mmmmchocolate Sat 05-Feb-05 14:47:09

I disagree, i had my DD at Harold Wood Hosp in August 04 and didn't find it that awful. I was in and out of hospital through out my pregnancy (though no over night stays) and always found the nurses very nice and helpful espically the triarge nurse. When i did go in to labour i don't think i could have faulted my and dd care at all and will be happy to have next baby there too. The only complaint would be the night nurse as said before not the most helful and quite harse but by then most hardwork done. And was just enjoying DD.Hope this is helpful.

bubbaloo Sat 05-Feb-05 18:10:56

thanks for that chocolate-thats a bit more reassuring
must admit that so far ive been really impressed there-the staff all seem friendly and maybe ive been lucky but i havent had to wait around much so that can't be too bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now