Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Any mums in the Falkirk area?

(14 Posts)
Kerrie1986 Mon 31-Jan-05 19:20:44

Hi i'm 18 and a single mum to my dd whos 15 mnths. I'm also expecting my 2nd baby on 7th March. Anyone want to chat my add is skerriesmith@aol.com

Aimsmum Mon 31-Jan-05 19:24:00

Message withdrawn

charliecat Mon 31-Jan-05 19:25:04

I used to live in Falkirk so just saying hello!!

gscrym Sun 06-Feb-05 19:57:30

I'm in Stenhousemuir. There are a few falkirk area mums on here, you just have to catch them at the right time

welshgirl Tue 22-Feb-05 12:44:56

Hi, am living near Falkirk, with a 3 year old daughter, anyone else near me??h

tassis Tue 22-Feb-05 13:34:23

Hi Kerrie and welshgirl. THere's a bunch of us planning a meet up in Stirling next month if you fancy joining us. Post here again if you can't find the thread and I'll see if I can do a link.

Toothache Tue 22-Feb-05 13:37:00

I'm in Falkirk too!

Can't make the meetup next month though.... unless it's been moved to a Wednesday or Sunday???

[hopeful emoticon]

Kerrie1986 - Welcome to MN!

welshgirl Tue 22-Feb-05 16:02:42

I'd love to come along, can you give me the link for it please??? Thanks a million.

ja9 Tue 22-Feb-05 18:19:33

stirling for coffee

welshgirl Tue 22-Feb-05 19:56:48

Many thanks for that ja9, have checked it out, and hopefully if it's later in the afternoon I can make it, I work til lunchtime on a Friday.

Kerrie1986 Tue 12-Jul-05 13:19:39

Hiya, i haven't been on for a while now. I had another little girl in 15th of march and Shantels now 22mnth. If anyone fancy's a chat my new email add is kerriesmith@blueyonder.co.uk hope to speak soon

Toothache Tue 12-Jul-05 14:11:08

Hi Kerrie. CONGRATULATIONS!

Aimsmum Tue 12-Jul-05 14:43:04

Message withdrawn

kizzy0872 Sat 16-Jul-05 15:47:57

My name is Christine and I saw that some of you live in the Falkirk Area. I have recently been appointed as Co-ordinator for a Community Resource Centre over in the Bonnybridge Area of Falkirk and one of my first aims is to start up a Mum and Toddler/Parent Support Group. My experience of these groups hasn't been great, I remember them feeling a bit like an outsider, the core of the group just getting on with it while the new mums watched on a bit nervous and shy. I would like to blow that stereotype out of the water and get together mums who are all new and wanting to make a real success of the group, working on the decor of the room, funding for outings and reading, health eating initiatives. I have a real vision for what it could be and would love if like-minded mums would be interested in joining experiences and skills to build a strong community of parents. As you can probably tell, I am outgoing, a bit mouthy and extremely enthusiastic and hope that through this website and a few other sources I could get together a strong foundation for a group. I am already preparing a funding application for a home-reading initiative where we could get funds for a book loan scheme!!!

If you are interested at all, maybe you could email me on kizzy0872@hotmail.com. If not, no problem, I understand it may not be very close to where you live as Falkirks a big old place! Thanks for listening to my whitterings anyway.

Best wishes.
Christine Kinnon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: