Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Moving to Winchester - looking for friendly faces

(149 Posts)
sportingwidow Wed 25-Jun-08 21:30:40

Am relocating to Winchester at the end of august and would like to meet other mums in the area. Have 2 girls aged 2 and 4yrs old and a bump due in november. Anyone out there?

VaginaShmergina Thu 26-Jun-08 12:37:34

Hi there, I am in Alton, 25 minutes away. Would love to come to a meet up with girls that way. If you post in Chat also you might attract some of them. Good luck with the move, its soooooo stressful.

sportingwidow Thu 26-Jun-08 21:47:46

Great. Will be in touch once we've moved. What age are your kid(s)? Have my head in the sand at the moment about the move, just keep writing to do lists and losing them!

VaginaShmergina Thu 26-Jun-08 21:52:19

Lists of lists for lists with lists or without lists.........

Dont you just hate it ?

Take care of yourself, my DD is 8 and my DS is 4, he starts school in september sad

I shall miss my little mate loads so more than happy to come and snuggle with somebody elses !

Email is shazzieb@live.co.uk

lou031205 Thu 26-Jun-08 22:08:44

Hi, I'm about 15/20 mins out of Winchester. Nice place, good hospital for childbirth!

sportingwidow Sat 28-Jun-08 22:00:25

The lists are endless. I find it impossible to organise myself when I'm pregnant.
So V both at school from september, no more preschool, very sad. What are you going to do?
Hello Lou, glad to hear about the hospital.

VaginaShmergina Sat 28-Jun-08 22:16:03

Well actually the "list" of what to do with my life once both are at school is possibly gonna get incredibly long.

DS not full time til after the half term so he i still aound for a bit in the afternoons. He knows the school so well already, when I take DD into class and I need to drop anything to the office, off DS goes with it and then trundles back to me. He is very smooth with the ladies and he's got his foot in the door already !!

Our School Secretary has been awarded an MBE for her contributions to Education.

She was the secretary when I was at the same school. (I did move away for 14 years threatening never to come back to this small place where evryone has tunnel vision)

Now back, married with kids and suits me perfectly for this chapter in my book of life !!

Are you sportingwidow coz DP is a keen fan btw ?

bloss Sat 28-Jun-08 22:25:01

Message withdrawn

VaginaShmergina Sat 28-Jun-08 22:26:11

Hi Bloss, or should I say good morning smile, or in fact G'day.......

Where you moving to ?

bloss Sat 28-Jun-08 23:04:42

Message withdrawn

VaginaShmergina Sun 29-Jun-08 08:06:06

Good night bloss. I know you can do most things via the pooter these days but if you need someone to make any calls or stuff just let me know. x

bloss Sun 29-Jun-08 09:21:54

Message withdrawn

VaginaShmergina Sun 29-Jun-08 09:23:39

Its OK bloss you can call me vag or vaggy if it helpswink. Its from the series Sex in the City, did Aus import that ?

mamado Sun 29-Jun-08 17:31:08

Hi everyone,
I'm also moving to Winchester at the start of august with dp and my two dds (4 and 20 months). Am VERY keen to meet up with others there, otherwise will be a 'norma no mates'!

BTW anyone know of good preschool things going on in Winchester? I'm thinking music class, gym class, toddler groups? I'm coming from SW London and I can't find anything to keep me and dd2 amused on the internet.....(rather a shock to the system after round these parts! wink)

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 29-Jun-08 17:32:40

hey vagina - I live there too...!!!! oh God, maybe we have passed in the street ?

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 29-Jun-08 17:35:06

Winchester is lovely btw - I have friends in St Cross btw...you will discover the joys of The Hambledon, my favourite shop !

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 29-Jun-08 17:36:34

Vag, I've just figured out which school your dcs are at,having read last week's Herald - do you live that end of town too ?

unconvinced Sun 29-Jun-08 17:38:39

hi all, I'm moving there too in mid August and would love to meet up with others as I am coming back from overseas like bloss.

I have 2 dcs 9 and 7, and have managed to find a school for both of them a real feat, count me in on any meet ups.

mamado Sun 29-Jun-08 17:54:31

what schools did you manage to sort out unconvinced? How did you sort that out from abroad?

unconvinced Sun 29-Jun-08 18:14:17

I came over and did a "Kirsty and Phil", found a house to rent and visited a number of schools, all in about 3 days!!!

I was a bit stressed but it was worth it as I had never been to Winchester before. I really liked it and am really looking forward to exploring it after the hols.

VaginaShmergina Sun 29-Jun-08 18:17:16

MaryAnnSingleton, how on earth have you deduced who my sprogs are from the Herald, where they in it, did I miss something?

Didn't think they had printed my court appearance smilewink

VaginaShmergina Sun 29-Jun-08 18:21:33

Of course penny has dropped, our school secretary. Yes I live this end too.......

Are you up this end ?

Your DS is divine btw

The search is on..........

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 29-Jun-08 18:44:13

am up the other end !!

sportingwidow Sun 29-Jun-08 22:10:02

Evening all. Good to hear lots of people are busy multitasking with houses and schools as well. Have already discovered the Hambledon.
Mamado I think your DD2 is a similar age to my DD2 (23m) which may help on the entertainment front.

mamado Mon 30-Jun-08 07:03:58

Fabulous sportingwidow. A friend for dd2 at last! At the moment she mainly just tags along with dd1 and her friends....typical second child!!! Hope they (and we) can do some things together come september smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now