Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Lonely single mum in Swindon

(70 Posts)
mb99 Tue 18-Jan-05 20:25:34

Just discovered MN by accident.Anyone out there fancy a chat?

RTKangaMummy Tue 18-Jan-05 20:27:42

hello and welcome to mumsnet am not near swindon but welcome to this addictive mad happy place

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:34:28

Hi its me,I've just changed my name

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:36:15

I'm still trying to get a handle on how this works.There are a lot of conversations going on but they seem to be between the same groups of people.Whats the etiquette?

RTKangaMummy Tue 18-Jan-05 20:41:05

just read a thread that you think looks fun or interesting and join in where you like.

If no one replys to you please do not worry it may be that they are answering a question that someone earlier asked.

Just have fun

Some people get cross if you use capitals LIKE THIS BECAUSE THEY SAY YOU ARE SHOUTING

If you start by saying you are new am sure you will be welcomed

lunavix Tue 18-Jan-05 20:43:18

I'm assuming mb99 is seriouslycelibate

Just thought I'd say hi, not in swindon though in newbury area

Welcome to mumsnet

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:45:11

Thanx RTK.I'll give it a try.I've got to try and do something,my 3 yr old's got a busier social life than me!

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:47:20

Hi lunavix! Yes its me, and yes I am! I've been trying to think of something applicable, then it came to me in a flash!

janeybops Tue 18-Jan-05 20:47:54

Hi and welcome

what a conincidence!

my dh might be relocating his job to Swindon. can you tell me anything about the place. never been there. is it a nive place to live. which bits to avoid etc??

RTKangaMummy Tue 18-Jan-05 20:47:57

haven't they all

lunavix Tue 18-Jan-05 20:48:30

Oh don't tell me about that. My 9 month old ds is having swimming lessons, going to a music class, plus his baby groups... and I'm ... ummm.... doing the washing?

lunavix Tue 18-Jan-05 20:49:15

Me and a couple of friends do go to bingo in swindon though

And I'm looking forward to going shopping there one day, never been! Particularly primark...

MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 20:50:30

Hello in Melksham , not too far away.
Welcome.

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:53:24

Hi Janey

Swindon's an okay place to live.Not much soul iykwim but busy.Great employment,house prices are high,loads of pubs etc for the babes but not so much once you're bored of going out every w/e and getting p**d.
Don't live anywhere beginning with a P.All very rough.

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:55:41

I'd never played bingo til I went on the Gingerbread break to Folkestone, but it was great fun.Just kept getting stressed with 3yr old for marking off all the numbers so void.Will go alone next time.

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 20:57:26

Used to work in Melksham years ago at Avon Rubber.Horrible smelly place!Is it still there?

RTKangaMummy Tue 18-Jan-05 20:58:08

MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 20:58:34

you bet! It is as fragrant as ever!

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 21:00:12

Poo! Stinky!! as son would say!!!

MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 21:11:51

Mmmm....not to mention the Seventeen take aways we have too.

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 21:15:55

I could paper my lounge with all the takeaway menus that have come thru my door in the last month alone.I thought we were supposed to be saving trees!!??

janeybops Tue 18-Jan-05 21:18:31

sc,
thanks for that.

Not sure I like the sound of it - sorry hope I am not being too rude!

what about the surrounding towns/villages?????

MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 21:18:46

oh and not to forget about the new refuse collecting service the council have decided to dump on us.
Yes, once a fornightly collection of rubbish now instead of weekly, And a little box to save glass and papers in.
So rubber smells and nappies to contend with here. Dire.

seriouslycelibate Tue 18-Jan-05 21:25:51

Sounds luvly Mary.

No offence taken janeybops.The surrounding villages are mostly lovely.Very pretty and certainly worth a look if you fancy somewhere rural.I'm looking to rent a large house in the country so as I can start as a foster mum, but the rental market in thosae sorts of properties is lean.

MistressMary Tue 18-Jan-05 21:30:06

Actually wiltshire is a nice county really.
Especially if you like the country scene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now