Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

New to Mumsnet, anyone in the Brighton / Hove area?

(99 Posts)
Harrysmom Thu 13-Jan-05 22:21:40

New (ish) to Mumsnet and finding it great to chat and ask adivice about everything...anyone in the Brighton / Hove area?

MABS Fri 14-Jan-05 09:57:12

there are a few of us here! what age is/are your children?

Harrysmom Fri 14-Jan-05 16:28:39

Hi ! I'm a first time Mum and my son is 6 months old. Born in Worthing in July2004. Loving every minute about being a Mum (we'll almost every minute!) Do you a have a specific thread you chat on ?

noddyholder Fri 14-Jan-05 17:02:30

hello Mabs and Harrysmom.I am in brighton too
Mabs hope you are well after your dreadful time over Xmas It is my turn to organise the next meet up HM so look out for it I am around a fair it in the days too if you wanted to meet for coffee xx

pinkmama Fri 14-Jan-05 17:44:57

Noddyholder, did you used to be Noddy5, only ask because Noddy5 said they lived in fiveways - as do i!

Hi Harrysmom, I am fairly new to mumsnet and i am in Brighton, have dd (7) and ds (3) with another due in July. I haven't met any mumsnetters in real life yet (well apart from the beastly friend who got me addicted to this in the first place)

Harrysmom Fri 14-Jan-05 20:44:11

Would love to come along to the next meet. Will keep my eye open. Where abouts are you in Brighton Noddyholder?

hoxtonchick Fri 14-Jan-05 20:45:33

oi, pinkmama, i can hear you

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 09:09:27

Thank you HC

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 11:38:27

I do live at Fiveways.I haven't bothered to change my xmas name yet but will do soon!

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 11:43:30

How funny Noody, we might live in the same street!

HC - sorry but I do holdyou completely responsible for my mn addiction, and teh hundreds of pounds of work time I have wasted on it. YOu should have known I would be too weak willed to resist. You are a beast . Good job I called you nothing worse!

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 11:44:12

I live v near the new deli and there are lots of skips in my road!

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 11:46:24

Ahhh, I live below the lights, backing onto the old garden centre. Probably pass you on the way to school every morning on my daily forced route march up the hill!

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 11:48:48

That is so near me we'll have to meet for a coffee!My ds is 10 and meets friends to walk to school so I am spared that now.I don't know if you've seen my threads but am considering number 2 so would love to meet someone with a small baby all my friends are too old for babies and think I'm mad!

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 11:49:22

ps so sad to see the garden centre go what are they putting there next?

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 11:57:49

It has planning for 9 houses. Everyone fought it quite hard, but planning was almost completed before we even bought the house. Apparently it was originally 21 houses - can you imagine that! Missed getting our xmas tree there this year.

Go on, have another baby, I don't have any friends locally with babies, so it would be great to have someone. Ideal reason to have a child, to please some nutter on mn youhave never met!

We could go to deli for coffee! Don't use that enough. Now before we progress, are you a pro Tin Drum at the old book shop or against? I personally am pro, well how good would it be to have somewhere I can go and then be rolled down the hill at the end of the night?

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 12:03:49

Dp and I are really up for the tin drum Why would anyone oppose it?There is nothing in fiveways especially when we have friends down from London would be great to have somewhere local.I often wish we could nip out for a quick meal without driving so it will be ideal

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 12:11:49

there were some objections to it, but only 3 out of 500, and understandably from the next door neighbours. Did you fill in one of those opinion cards about it? I know the owners, and planning is a bit of a struggle. They are hoping to contact all those who filled in card and asking them to email/write to council about it. If they go down that route maybe I could get your email of you.

Just had a quick look at the thread you were talking about having another baby on. I am 35, soon to be 36 and once over 35 they offer you a number of additional tests as a matter of course. You can go up to kings for the nuchal fold test, then they do the triple test, which I think is a blood one, if you want to go for amnio and cvs the advice I have had is choose your consultant very carefully. Whilst average is 1% change of miscarriage, it really depends on who does it, and their results vary dramatically.

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 12:17:53

I didn't fill in a card about it I certainly wouldn't object We often go to the one in seven dials so would love one here.I have a couple of health issues which mean I need to see my consultant about no.2 Certainly had no probs with ds but am 40 this year and also dp is petrified of anything being wrong I on the other hand am an eternal optimist and am praying the docs say yes Did you have all those tests this time?

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 12:22:37

No, we decided not to. My cousin has DS so I grew up with it and would continue with a pg if it was DS. Not sure I could cope wtih some physical problems, but we thought we would see those at the 20 wk scan anyway. Wouldn't go for amnio as have had miscarriage in past, so we wouldn't have got a definate yest or no. A very close friend of mine had tests and was given a realy high chance, she fretted all pg, but ds was fine. Think when you look at chances and how much they go up with age its scarey, but when you put it into a percentage figure it is much more reassuring IYKWIM.

noddyholder Sat 15-Jan-05 12:28:37

That is a great attitude although not sure if I could cope with not knowing.
Would love to meet for a proper chat I am free most days wednesdays are usually good.I really have to turn this off now as we have had builders in and the house is full of dust and I assured dp i would clean it all up today!He finishes workm at 1.30 and will be shocked at the state of this place when he gets home Spent yesterday rifling through the underwear in m&s for last minute sale bargains so have to bar myself from mumsnet at least til tonight Nice to 'meet'you Noddy x

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 13:01:51

Good luck with the cleaning. I also need to get on with some work! Got the rest of the family running around doing chores so I can get on with it, and here I am sat on mn! Unfortunatly my work relies on the computer so I find it hard to resist.

Nice to meet you too!

pinkmama Sat 15-Jan-05 13:02:55

Where abouts are you harrysmum?

Harrysmom Sat 15-Jan-05 13:49:18

Im in Portslade, a bit out of the way from you guys....Im 39 next and DS is 6 months old. you can play with him if you need a little baby fix

MABS Sat 15-Jan-05 16:42:24

Well, I'm in Steyning now, moved from Portslade last yr. But my kids are at school/nursery in Hove so am over there every day, I seem to live in my car. Noddy , have CATd you!!! Coffee would be great.

MABS Sat 15-Jan-05 17:19:41

Noddy - can't CAT you apparently. If you email contactme@beeding.plus.com we can sort out coffee. Mabs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now