Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone live in Doncaster?

(10 Posts)
adelemouse Thu 13-Jan-05 11:23:47

Hi
I'm Adele and live in Doncaster.I wondered if there were any other mums on here who also lived in Doncaster.I've got 5 children but only 2 of the youngest are at home now.The other 3 have all left home.It'd be great to have a natter and meet-up with other mums as I'm quite isolated at home(well,feel it!!)
Thanks,Adele

Hulababy Thu 13-Jan-05 20:37:51

Hi Adele and welcome to MN. There are some Doncaster mums on here, I am sure.

I come from Doncaster. I grew up there and lived there until I went to uni at 18. My parents and in laws still live there. Dh and I now live not far away in Sheffield (where more MNetters lve again). I also work in Doncaster still - I teach at a secondary school there, and at one of the prisons.

I'm mum to just one DD, aged 2y 9m.

How are you?

adelemouse Fri 14-Jan-05 10:17:25

Hi Hulababy
My husband works at a prison in Doncaster as a prison officer.He works at Moorlands prison.
We live in Dunscroft but used to live in Lindholme.In fact I've lived in quite a lot of areas in Doncaster.
Hope you reply.
Adele

Hulababy Fri 14-Jan-05 10:19:38

I grew up in Intake [shock} and Dh in Barnby Dun. My parents have moved, but still in Doncaster. DH and 1 meet at school, at Danum, in the sixth form.

I work at Moorlands too! I teach there, at the Closed site.

Do you work - outside the home?
How old are your children?

adelemouse Mon 17-Jan-05 16:26:17

Hi again Hulababy
My husband is Roger and he works mainly in the ops department.I don't work outside the home because of Maisy starting nursery in September but I've just applied to be a childminder as it'll give me the chance to do something rewardding and also still be at home if the children are ill etc.
My husband went to McCauleys school and I went to Campsmount at Norton.
Roger worked at Wakefield prison until 3 months ago when he asked to be transferred to Moorlands as it was obviously a lot closer.
Is it hard going then being a teacher there?You'll have to let me know more about it.
Speak soon,
Adele

gingerbear Mon 24-Jan-05 15:13:59

Hi Adele,
I have a strange feeling that I know you - from babycentre.co.uk??? I used to post on the 'due in June 2002' forum.
Or maybe I dreamed this!

gingerbear Mon 24-Jan-05 15:14:46

I live in Thorne.

Hulababy Mon 24-Jan-05 15:21:40

He adele. I love teaching there and as of Easter I will be doing it 3 days a week - I am resigning from school tomorrow.

Looks like you may be getting busy witht he childmonding then??? Geting all organised!

How old is your DD?

adelemouse Tue 25-Jan-05 12:32:45

Hi again to Hulababy and Gingerbear. I did used to post on the babycentre website but I was due in August 2002.I used to post in other categories as well though if I saw anything I could relate to.I used the same username so thats why you probably think you've heard of me.I used to post on the miscarriage board too.I go shopping in Thorne now and again as its not far from here at all.
Hulababy-I'm glad to hear you like it at the prison a lot.Roger(my husband)says he knows most of the teachers there.You'd probably recognise him if you saw him.You might not have put two and two together yet as to who he is.He really likes it there and it saves us a fortune as to when he was travelling to Wakefield prison every day.What sort of things do you teach the prisoners?
Anyway,both of you,its nice to get a reply again and please post another thread on here if you want to get in touch.My e-mail address is adelelaidlow@hotmail.com if you want to send me an e-mail direct to me for a natter.It keeps taking me ages to find this thread in all the other messages that are posted.
Hope to hear from you both soon,Adele

Hulababy Tue 25-Jan-05 22:00:37

adele - I teach Business Studies right now, but I am applying for a new post there - within Education still, so fingers crossed.

I will have to keep an ear out for you DH. I don't know many people there yet, especially outside of Education.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now