Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

DURHAM MEET UP - ALL NE MUMMIES

(141 Posts)
Bouncingturtle Wed 02-Apr-08 18:34:46

Monday 14th.

Venue to be decided, somewhere in Durham?

Indith Fri 04-Apr-08 18:26:19

Hellooooooo turtle!

Where is everyone then huh? Are you going to make us hunt you out?

Bouncingturtle Fri 04-Apr-08 20:26:20

I think we might! STEALTHPOLARBEAR & KISKADEE OVER HERE!!!

Indith Fri 04-Apr-08 20:45:19

They are all hiding

StealthPolarBear Fri 04-Apr-08 20:47:13

Hello I'm here!
There's very little chance I'm going to be able to make this, sorry, I'm back at work at the moment (supposedly) and Fridays are my usual day off. There's a chance it might be Mondays tho, so if it does change that week I'll text to see what's happening.
Have fun and a cake on my behalf (because I know you'll end up in Vennels, Indith has her own key, you know!)

Bouncingturtle Fri 04-Apr-08 21:17:21

Ahh well we will arrange another one I'm sure.
Any other North East Mummies want to join us?

Indith Fri 04-Apr-08 21:24:09

Hey! Sometimes I go to Saddlers if I fancy apple pie grin

StealthPolarBear Sat 05-Apr-08 08:12:38

which one is saddlers? is that not the saddle yard? so do you mean a different table in vennels?

StealthPolarBear Sat 05-Apr-08 08:14:04

Indith Sat 05-Apr-08 11:37:27

<<blows raspberry>>

Saddlers is on the bailey too, really not far from Vennel's. I even venture to Leonard's sometimes (in Fowler's Yard) though not often, or even Esquires though it is pricey but they do have a baby change....

Why does this make it sound as though coffee and cake is the only thing I do? hmm grin

StealthPolarBear Sat 05-Apr-08 11:41:12

erm I really have no idea! Obviously it's not, sometimes you go to Bumps and Babies too wink

Indith Sat 05-Apr-08 11:49:34

Which involves biscuits.........not that I've been for yonks, looking forward to finding some nice toddler groups when I've finished this degree thingy!

Indith Mon 07-Apr-08 09:33:29

<<taps fingers impatiently>>

Bouncingturtle Mon 07-Apr-08 10:50:22

So are we going to Vennels then? Debating about using the baby carrier rather than the push chair, especially as I'm probably going to use the Park n Ride.
What time do you reckon?

Indith Mon 07-Apr-08 10:59:29

Whenever suits you my dear, I'm walking distance so I can do any time

hhmmmm. can I come? I don't have a baby though....

Indith Mon 07-Apr-08 11:04:44

I think the part where turtle said "KISKIDEE OVER HERE" indicates that you can come

That and I was going to start stalking you if you hadn't spotted this thread soon.

oh goody, a reason to eat cake. i am on 2 wk school break.

StealthPolarBear Mon 07-Apr-08 12:38:42

so you're all going just not me then

shoot SPB, sorry you may not make it. it will be nice to meet you.

I would say be brave and only bring the baby carrier. The pushchair will just be a lot like hard work, don't you think?

I will also use the park and ride. will bring my tettitet because it is my favourite carrier for dd at the moment. Will keep her out of nursery for that day if we are going to eat cake.

I would prefer a morning meetup. that way, i can stay in durham and have lunch too then dd will fall asleep on the way home.

but if a pm one is better suited to the turtle, I know what babies are like, dd can have an interrupted sleep. it won't be the first or last time.

Indith Mon 07-Apr-08 14:24:41

Stealth my darling if you need to catch up on the cake you have only to ask grin Going back to work is very poo on cake eating terms but must be nice to talk to realy grown ups at times! (I don't talk to grown ups, I talk to students, they are like ds only less well behaved and more drunk)

skidaddle Mon 07-Apr-08 16:16:28

wow a Durham meetup - i would love to come but am away next week but would def come to any future meetings if you'll have me. My vote would be for saddlers as well - they do the best cakes ever - but given that I'm not coming you don't have to take my opinion too seriously...
Enjoy yourselves smile

Bouncingturtle Mon 07-Apr-08 20:16:37

See Stealth, not just you... we will arrange another one definitely for one of your days off.

Would 11am be early enough? And yes going to take baby carrier. Ds seem to be okay in it!
Like the lunch idea!

Indith Mon 07-Apr-08 20:20:45

Fine with me

11 am sounds good to me too. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now