Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Gloucestershire chats, anyone?

(21 Posts)
ByronsBird Sat 04-Dec-04 09:51:41

Hi All. I'm new to Mumsnet, an older-ish mum and will be moving to Gloucs (nr Stroud) in Feb/Mar 05. Complete change of scene - won't know anyone at all!! I have a 2 yr-old ds and a dh. Would love to hear from you, especially anyone undergoing Moving Nightmares from Hell. Thanks.

nnosam Thu 06-Jan-05 17:25:42

Hi, we (my hubby and i) moved to glos 4yrs ago, without knowing any one, so i know whats its like.
we are once again on the move, only this time we have a 2yr old (our son) helping us, and we are only going 15min down the road.
i would be happy to chat to you, show you around and meet up with you.
let me know what you think.

Hayls Thu 06-Jan-05 17:33:11

HI, I live in Gloucester and have done for the past 4 1/2 years, we're not from here originally. I've got an almst one year old and a dh. nnosam, whereabouts are you?

pandagirl03 Thu 06-Jan-05 23:23:00

Hello im from gloucester too orginally from Stroud. Im 3 and a half months pregnant and have a dp who has a ds and dd.

nnosam Fri 07-Jan-05 09:31:02

Hello, im in quedgeley, but hopefully a week monday we are moving to tuffley. Where r you Hayls and pandagirl03? dumb question, but what do dp, dh and ds stand for?

bitashamed Fri 07-Jan-05 09:50:14

Dp= dear partner, dh= dear husband, ds= dear son etc! I'm in Abeyda;e

pandagirl03 Fri 07-Jan-05 09:53:12

hello im in quedgeley too.

Hayls Fri 07-Jan-05 09:54:58

Ok, guess I just ruined my alias! Sorry, was posting on a delicate subject on another thread. WAs frantically screaming at the screen when I realised what I'd done

nnosam Fri 07-Jan-05 09:59:17

pandagirl03 where abouts in qudgeley, im on green farm.

nnosam Fri 07-Jan-05 10:00:16

bitashamed, thanks for that, having not worked for two and a bit years, i am now a bit thick

pandagirl03 Fri 07-Jan-05 22:31:32

hello im live just off the holy grove not really sure were green farm is dont know quedgeley that well really sorry.

nnosam Sat 08-Jan-05 16:20:27

if you know where leapfrog and meadowside school, they are both on green farm. dwon by the orchard pub. is holy grove of seven vale drive?

pandagirl03 Sat 08-Jan-05 20:37:52

oh yes i know were u are didn't know it was called green farm. yes it is off that road. its just off the 2nd roundabout not the tesco one but the next one down if that makes sense. sorry not very good with directions.

nnosam Sun 09-Jan-05 10:07:52

i do know where holly grove is, had a look at a map.. in that case, as we are both local, do you fancy coffee, one day this (next) week? im a full time mum, so im around most days and times.....

pandagirl03 Sun 09-Jan-05 11:32:46

yeah a coffee would be good....

nnosam Sun 09-Jan-05 18:16:34

ok, either wed afternoon or friday morning, would suit me, as for where, i dont know, tesco, laugher land or any where you know of.....

pandagirl03 Sun 09-Jan-05 19:01:26

hello i think wednesday afternoon would be better for me. i dont mind were to meet as i've not got any children at moment just a bump and dp children but wont have them. But understand u have a 2yr old so what ever suits u best.

ByronsBird Mon 10-Jan-05 08:05:52

Hi All - thanks for replies and for offering to show me around etc nnosam. It still looks like we won't be in the area until end of Feb at earliest, but would love to meet up when we're settled in. What I'd really appreciate now is any advice/recommendations for what to do with ds - playgroups/music groups/toddler gym groups etc that are good? I'm a sahm so am really going to need outside "activities"! Thanks

nnosam Mon 10-Jan-05 08:09:06

ok. lets thinks, talking to myself again...
shall we say tesco, wednesday, 2pm. meet next to the rides (cars). i will have a pushchair and a lite blue coat on. if you want to contact me, using the link at the top of this page them i can answer and we can swap real names and stuff..

pandagirl03 Tue 11-Jan-05 10:47:47

hello i have cat u but dont think u have got it yet. But i need to change the day from wednesday to friday im really sorry to mess u around. I am going away tonight and im not sure if i will be back in time for wednesday afternoon, so better change the day to friday. Sorry again to mess u around. my e-mail is sovena at msn dot com.

nnosam Tue 11-Jan-05 14:25:12

hi i have sent an email to you so you should get that soonish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now