Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

mums in market harborough

(24 Posts)
hollybelle Fri 26-Nov-04 15:37:46

would like to meet other mums in the area.I have a 2 year old boy and 7 month old girl.I'm 35, and most of my work friends don't have children !

Elouise Fri 26-Nov-04 21:01:44

hi,
i live in kettering, pity it's not a bit nearer to market harborough! I have a seven month old daughter, i'm 31, none of my friends have babies either. One of my friends has a 2 year old, and i'm looking after her on fridays and saturdays while my friend works, thought it would give my daughter a bit of company.
elouise

hollybelle Sat 27-Nov-04 10:54:01

hi again
I work in Kettering (only 2 days a week) and I lived there for about 7 years.Most of my friends live in Kettering now but I moved here about 4 years ago when I met my husband as he works in Leicester.Hope you are enjoying being a mum!

Elouise Mon 06-Dec-04 12:01:32

hi

yes i love being a mum, bit stressful at times though! do you work in town centre?

colditzcolditzcold Mon 06-Dec-04 12:04:30

Hi I live about 20 miles away from market harborough. I have a ds aged20 months. Dh's family is from that area

hollybelle Mon 06-Dec-04 20:38:00

hi there, where do you live? Has your ds started the terrible 2's yet? my ds will be 3 in March and is getting alot better now, at last!
I work at the hospital in Kettering.

Elouise Tue 07-Dec-04 21:49:36

hi
i've been thinking about looking for a part time office job at the hospital when i start work again. my neighbour works in the library there and really likes it. i live about 5 mins from the hospital so would be easy for me.

slipper Fri 10-Dec-04 22:31:14

Hi all, it's good to see some MH/Kettering Mums getting in touch. Sorry i haven't posted for a few weeks - finding the last few weeks of pregnancy tough! Maybe we could all think about getting together sometime (not until after xmas -and the birth - for me though!)We could alternate where we meet up, the train service between MH and Kettering isn't too bad- but never had to try it with a pushchair yet! What do people think?

hollybelle Sat 11-Dec-04 17:25:18

hi there, I found the last couple of weeks hard going (they seemed never ending especially when you go overdue! I was induced with both of mine)
Hopefully won't be too long for you now.
Great idea to meet in 2005.

slipper Sat 11-Dec-04 22:18:18

Hi Hollybelle, I'm probably going to be induced, will hopefully find out when later this week. Be great to meet up in the New Year, will keep you posted on what's happening. Are your little ones looking forward to Santa?!

JoD Tue 14-Dec-04 10:23:05

Hi

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and new to Harborough. Would love to meet up in the New Year too.

hollybelle Tue 14-Dec-04 11:50:57

hi slipper, Hope all goes well!!!!
hi to JoD great to hear from someone else in Market Harb!
Better get back to wrapping the pressies now
bye for now

slipper Fri 17-Dec-04 10:35:17

Hi JoD, Hope the pregnancy is going well, is this your first? It would be great for us to meet up after christmas. Keep in touch!

JoD Wed 22-Dec-04 08:18:22

Hi Hollybelle and Slipper

Thanks for welcoming me. Yes, this is my first pregnancy and I'm really enjoying it. Everything is going very smoothly so far - just hope it continues this way and that the birth itself is as equally straight forward!

Hope you both have a wonderful Christmas - look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

hollybelle Wed 22-Dec-04 12:44:33

hi there
Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year!
I'm looking forward to seeing my ds on Christmas morning opening his pressies.
See you in the New Year.

slipper Wed 22-Dec-04 16:54:09

Happy Christmas to you both! I see the Doc 2moro and find out when they are planning to induce me - between xmas and New Year. Have a good time both of you and I'll let you know when baby FINALLY arrives! xxx

slipper Thu 23-Dec-04 22:42:18

Hi! Just tolet you know that I saw the obstetrician today. I'm 2cm dilted, my cervix is effaced and the head is engaged - we hey! If nothing happens naturally before then, I am going to be induced on wednesday 29th. Can't wait! Hope you are both well. Look forward to telling you the good news and meeting you in the new year. In the meantime, enjoy Santa, mince pies etc!

hollybelle Mon 27-Dec-04 17:19:56

Hi Slipper, just read your message and wondering if you had a Christmas baby!!!! If you're still waiting all the best for Wednesday.Hope you've had a good Christmas (our house is full of toys!). Look forward to hearing your news! bye for now

slipper Sat 01-Jan-05 20:33:48

Hi Hollybelle, I had my baby girl on the 27th and just got home with her yesterday, so she started the New Year at home. Glad you had a good Christmas and that Santa delivered on the toy front! Take care for now xxx

JoD Tue 04-Jan-05 09:03:45

Congratulations Slipper - delighted to hear your news. What have you decided to call your new daughter?

Hope you and Hollybelle had a lovely Christmas and New Year and look forward to seeing you both once things have settled down a bit.

slipper Tue 04-Jan-05 17:55:30

Hi JoD, thanks for the message, our daughter is Madeline Jessica. Do you know the sex of your baby? Have you thought of names yet? I hope all is still going well with your pregnancy - I had a terrible time! We've been home a few days now, luckily hubbie has two weeks off work and hopefully we'll settle into a routine soon. We should all arrange to meet up in town - where do you think? Take care, xxx

JoD Wed 05-Jan-05 08:25:17

Hi there. What a lovely name. No, we don't know the sex of our baby yet although we 'think' it might be a boy - on saying that I had a dream last night that the baby was a girl - so who knows?! We keep on changing our mind about names so we're just going to wait and make up our minds once the baby's born.

Anyway, still feel great and really looking forward to finishing work at the end of Jan.

Meeting up would be great. How about Enigma on Coventry Road? I really like the atmosphere in there and it's very child-friendly if you and Hollybelle would like to bring the children along too. Obviously, as I am still at work, I can only make evenings or weekends. Or we could wait until early Feb when I'll have a lot more time on my hands (and things might have eased up for you too).

Take care x

hollybelle Mon 10-Jan-05 21:33:52

hi there
congratulations on the birth of Madeline. Sorry I haven't been around, hubbie gave our computer to his brother before the laptop arrived!!!
Hope things are going ok (the first couple of weeks are always a bit of a blur).
We're off to centre parks end of Jan so would be good to meet up with you and jo d in feb.

hcat123 Wed 08-Jul-15 10:49:39

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, since this thread seems quite old now, but here goes!
I live just outside harborough and I'm looking to meet other mums in a similar position. I have a 10 month old andy am currently pregnant with No.2 due october 31st 2015.
Very excited but it's going to be daunting having 2 under 2! Certainly very different I before... I previously met some great friends but lots are now heading back to work!
I thought it would be great to meet anyone in a similar situ.
Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now