Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

New Swindon meet up thread! Keep this one going!!

(90 Posts)
Hayls Fri 29-Oct-04 18:47:13

As the previous thread seems to have gone a bit quiet and we still haven't managed a meet up I thought I'd start a new one.
Anyone still interested in meeting up some time?
THose interested on the other thread were:
xoz
Steppemum (I know you won't be around until the NEw YEar but it may well be then anyway!)
Cuppy
rubyt
NannyJo
happymummy1
Caroline5
CP3

So are any of us around and fancy having another go? OR anyone else neasrby? (I'm in Gloucester but will travel down)

What days are best?

Outlet Village still Ok? And before or after Christmas?

Questions, questions, questions!

xoz Fri 29-Oct-04 23:14:13

Good on you Hayls for ressurecting this one.
I'm pretty much in the same position as before, can do any day morning or afternoon (only constraint is to pick up dd1 from nursery at 11:45), am in Swindon so Outlet Village suits me fine. Before Christmas would be better for me, because we are moving back to Australia jsut after Christmas (ithink nothing actually booked or planned yet, dh has to accept a job offer top get it all rolling!!!)
So basically I can probably fit in around those who work or have other commitments
Hope I'll get to meet you all soon!!!

MistressMary Fri 29-Oct-04 23:39:02

Am nearish, but nervy and newish.
I'll have a think about it

Hayls Sat 30-Oct-04 17:15:16

Oh, come along MistressMary, I've never been to a meet up before and don't know anyine in RL either. The more the merrier. How old are your children?
XOZ, nice to hear from you! We'll definitely have to meet before you go. Keep on Mning from Australia though!
Before Christmas it is then. i think we need to do a bit of bumping...

rubyt Sun 31-Oct-04 08:12:04

am interested - am free Mondays - have a 17 month old boy - outlet centre sounds good - they have a creche there don't they? - only kidding!

xoz Sun 31-Oct-04 19:17:04

bumping this up!!!!!
rubyt - yes was thinking about that for my 2 (age 3 & 2) but in a serious way!
mistressmary, I've never met any mners in real life either, so as Hayls said, please do come... you could look at us from afar, across the outlet village food court, and see if we look too weird before you join us!

Hayls Mon 01-Nov-04 09:52:01

Bumpity bump

xoz Mon 01-Nov-04 11:12:54

bump again

MistressMary Mon 01-Nov-04 11:20:52

I have a baby boy whos turns 1 on Saturday.
Would be nice to meet new people,will have to organise transport and could do some xmas shopping too.

xoz Mon 01-Nov-04 11:26:12

It quite a danger to my purse to go to the outlet village!!! However, if I can restrict myself to a coffee in the food court I will be very pleased

xoz Mon 01-Nov-04 11:27:02

Happy birthday to you little boy too MM.

NannyJo Mon 01-Nov-04 19:54:20

I am interested too. last link I was expecting my baby on this wednesday coming. I had him exactly a month early (oct 3rd) due to complications so I am very keen on getting out and meeting other mums in the area. perhaps you could give me some advice on how to cope with early motherhood!! Any time or day suits me.

NannyJo Mon 01-Nov-04 19:54:53

I am interested too. last link I was expecting my baby on this wednesday coming. I had him exactly a month early (oct 3rd) due to complications so I am very keen on getting out and meeting other mums in the area. perhaps you could give me some advice on how to cope with early motherhood!! Any time or day suits me.

NannyJo Mon 01-Nov-04 19:56:07

oops I didn't do that very well did I!!

Hayls Tue 02-Nov-04 10:04:48

Congratulations NannyJo! Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up soon. Dont know much about early motherhood I'm afraid (although dh's cousin was due at the same time as me and had a ds at 28 weeks so could find out info for you) My dd's 9 months but I think I've forgotten everything about newborns already...

Anyone else?

rubyt Wed 03-Nov-04 17:58:47

Nannyjo - I had my little boy at 33 weeks - so I can sympathise when little ones come earlier than expected - it's a bit of a shock when you thought you had some time left!

cuppy Wed 03-Nov-04 18:48:22

Hi everyone, I'm still around just very busy since back at work. I can only do thurs and fridays as I work, but I am off on wed 24th nov if thats any good. If not dont worry.
Congrats to NannyJo - I was wondering how you were doing, and Hi to Hayls and Xos - long time no speak!!!!

Hayls Thu 04-Nov-04 10:56:28

Hi cuppy, good to hear from you!

Hayls Mon 08-Nov-04 10:00:25

Bump again! Anyone else interested. If not, shall we arrange a date?

rubyt Mon 08-Nov-04 19:00:41

still interested in meeting up - but only free on Mon and Tues which seems inconvenient for the rest of you - unless you are thinking of a child free evening meet?

Hayls Mon 08-Nov-04 19:58:03

Evenings not too good for me due to dostance to travel but I'm sure we can arrange a tome to suit you, rubyt.

cuppy Mon 08-Nov-04 21:53:44

Why dont we agree on two different dates and then people can go to whichever is eaasier - maybe to both if poss. I think a date should be set though else it will just fade away like last time.
Would definatley like to meet Xos before she leaves us.

chonky Thu 11-Nov-04 22:11:14

Hi - can I come along too please?

xoz Thu 11-Nov-04 23:48:58

hi all. sorry been away on hols for the last week or so. Let's make a date (or 2) towards the end of Nov, so it doesn't start to run into Christmas shopping mayhem too much. ( just thinking about lots of people being at outlet village christmas shopping...) As for a day, Mon, Wed or Fri would be preferable, but can do Tues or Thurs if others prefer that.

xoz Thu 11-Nov-04 23:49:41

chonky, you'd be very welcome to join us. the more the merrier i say.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now