Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Relocated to Saffron Walden and feeling lonely........

(5 Posts)
saffycat Wed 24-Oct-07 11:16:29

I moved here last year and although I love being here, I have found it hard to meet new people in the area - my work takes up three days a week, have been going to a toddler group but find it hard to break into conversations when everyone else seems to know each other. My perception is that it's a bit cliquey or perhaps it's just me a bit shy. Has anyone else found relocating difficult? Does anyone else live near SW? I was so used to having alot of good friends and family around me before moving and feel quite isolated now.

DaisyWhoooo Wed 24-Oct-07 11:18:50

There are quite a lot of us not far from SW - I'm about 20 mins away in South Cambs and when we first moved here 5 years ago I felt very isolated. Keep plugging away at it and I'm sure you'll find some like-minded people soon. I'm always happy to meet up smile (BTW our cat is called Saffy because we got her from Saffron Walden grin)

saffycat Wed 24-Oct-07 11:33:16

Thanks DaisyWhoooo, it's sounds as though you are feeling quite settled here now - that's reassuring to hear. I think I'm feeling particularly disconnected from the rest of the world this week as DH is in USA, I'm not working as its half term and its hit me that I have no-one to meet up with for a cuppa. We have met some lovely neighbours and I've met some people at a philosphy group I go to. But I think I find it hard to move from the 'Hi how are you' stage to do you fancy meeting at the park/coming round for coffee' stage

saffycat Wed 24-Oct-07 11:35:19

The children are being lovely this week, we've been singing, dancing and making collage this morning but I could just do with a bit of adult company iykwim

laurasmiles Sat 16-Aug-08 15:59:29

HI saffycat - I found this message lurking and I know you posted it a long time ago but I wondered how you are getting along?

If its any help I feel the same!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now