Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

ANyone going from nottingham-xmas meet up???

(46 Posts)
SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 16:52:38

I want to go to the xmas meet up but am moving up to nottingham the end of sept, is anyone else travelling down so i dont have to do it on my own!!!

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 17:45:43

I'm not going to the meet up but wanted to say hi - I'm nr Nottingham and bumping for you. Hope your move goes well, whereabouts are you going to be?

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 19:21:49

in wollaton if you know it??

thanks for replying!!

sure you cant come to the meet??? grin

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:13:22

Wollaton's lovely, have some friends there; bit of a newbie so wasn't even considering this year, plus Christmas time is generally fraught with general 'busyness'.
Feel free to get in touch if you need any help with finding things when you're here!
Are you moving far?

winestein Wed 05-Sep-07 20:15:31

I live in Nottingham, but the opposite side to where you will be.
Have you tried the Mumsnet local threads? I have to admit I have never heard of anyone from Nottingham going to the meet-ups though. We are all incredibly shy wink

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:17:38

Hellloooo Winestein - I'm inbetween Alfreton and Nottingham

<Wisteria waving across Notts>

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 20:18:07

coming from surrey! so a bit of a culture shock!!

moving a long way from my mum and dad (im only 20, and never been too far from mum and dad) although also moving a long way from MIL yay

oh come on please come with me!!!! grin

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 20:19:18

thanks for the offer of help when i get there, you dont happen to know anything about pre-schools up there, dd is starting one monday for 3 weeks then we move and i need to find a place for her, do you know when the term starts or anything??

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:23:54

My dds are a bit older (sec school). I can appreciate how you feel as I moved from a long way when I was 21 and pregnant with dd1.
I can ask friends for you but your best bet is to keep the thread bumping for more up to date parents.
Here for support though as it will be a bit of a culture shock no doubt.
wisteriamn at googlemail dot com

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 20:25:49

thanks anyway!

cant even begin to think what parenting will be like when dd is a teen, i was a nightmare!!

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:28:00

So was I - can't believe I have turned into such a responsible parent <big sarky grin>.
All I can say is so far (and that's a big big SO) they're absolutely nothing like I was, although dd1 has had a few 'moments'.

winestein Wed 05-Sep-07 20:28:21

Helloooo Wisteria <waves back across the smog> grin

Sleepless - It may well be a bit of a culture shock! May I recommend practising the following:

Ay up mi duck^

^Y'all
reet?

Repeat ad infinitum. You'll fit in in no time wink

In terms of pre-school I take it you are opting for state school nurseries?

Frizbe Wed 05-Sep-07 20:28:35

no I'm not going, but I'm not far from Notts, sure someone must be going??? Wonders if Phoenix or Chloe might be, as they're from Yorks and could pick you up on way down?

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:31:19

Oh yes (giggling at wine - with wine incidentally grin).
and.... as happened to me - if someone asks you for some 'tuffys for the kids', don't buy toffee - they mean 'sweets suitable for dcs'.
A jennel is a jitty also and the 'coursey'sp? is the pavement......

winestein Wed 05-Sep-07 20:31:43

<cough>

Hello Frizbe grin

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 20:32:26

yeah state school nursery, jsut a couple of days a week so i get a rest hmm not sure that happens with ds around!!

my nan and auntie live in yorkshire and have caravans in skegness so im not a million miles from the whole family!

although i do know i pick up accents really easily so it wont be long! grin

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 20:33:22

the what now??? is a pavement??? grin

winestein Wed 05-Sep-07 20:34:23

Causey I think - probably derived from causeway

<disclaimer - not originally from Notts>

Tuffys! That is bizarre, isn't it? DP says it. I thought it was just him, because he is an NZ'er shock

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:34:54

My Southern friends/ brothers were taking the **ss out of me last week when they said I'd started saying 'gud' instead of good - I denied it, obviously but it's taken 14 years so I'm not too ashamed really wink

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:35:38

of course - seems obvious now blush

dressedupnowheretogo Wed 05-Sep-07 20:36:38

hi im in long eaton but i lived in beeston the whole time befroe my lo is 13months and i go back to work full time in october.

im thinking of meet up whats happening and where????

winestein Wed 05-Sep-07 20:39:20

I think it's the biggie at Christmas Dressedup smile

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Wed 05-Sep-07 20:39:46

hi, my dh's office will be in beeston, probably looking to buy there but his company is paying rent for us while we sell our house so we've found a lovely place in Wollaton!! smile

meet up is Dec 1st, in london, long way on my own (esp if i dont pass my driving test! [gulp])

Wisteria Wed 05-Sep-07 20:41:30

You'd be better off getting the train Stacey - if you book it now, it'll be far cheaper and a lot less scary than driving there!!

dressedupnowheretogo Wed 05-Sep-07 20:41:39

is it a sturday otherwise im screwed im a hairdresser saturdays in december dont exsist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now