Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Oxfordshire mums.....going mental here lol!

(10 Posts)
Rocklover Sun 19-Aug-07 22:18:11

I am in Banbury and I am looking for Mums to meet up/go out/have a cuppa with, whatever lol!

Can't believe how hard it is to find friends at my age lol, I promise I am pretty normal and I don't bite. Have a 2 1/2 yr old dd and am separated from OH. Just looking to re-build my friend network, lost contact due to moving around so much!

Fiona365 Mon 20-Aug-07 13:16:36

Hi Rocklover

I am just about to move to Witney/Woodstock area with DS (also, just the 2 of us, separated recently), and will be in the same boat as you - but will be working fulltime.

Would love to meet up once we are in and settled (end Sept/beg Oct).

Good luck meeting people!
Fiona

JackieNo Mon 20-Aug-07 13:19:21

Are you coming to the Oxfordshire meet-up next week? I was hoping to go, but I've just realised that DD has a dentist appointment at 10.30, so might not be able to make it.

Jazzicatz Mon 20-Aug-07 13:28:50

I am also in Oxon, but South. Would love to meet up, maybe a bit far though. There never seems to be any South Oxon mums out there

mammamic Mon 20-Aug-07 15:27:17

Hi

I'm in Caversham which is not far from Sth Oxon. free on fridays for meet ups...

DD is 3.3

Jazzicatz Mon 20-Aug-07 16:18:46

Would love too - we are also free on a Friday. Have 2 ds's 4.5 and 2.5.

Fiona365 Tue 21-Aug-07 20:30:30

Hi JackieNo

I can't find the thread about an Oxfordshire meetup. Any chance you can share details?

If it's on Friday then I might stand a fighting chance, as will be back trying to find childminder/nursery/place to rent... the list is endless!

JackieNo Wed 22-Aug-07 16:51:14

Hi Fiona - does the link in my previous message not work? You might have to 'log in' to Mumsnet local. Hang on, I'll try to remember how I did it <scurries off> (the meet- up is on Wednesday, by the way, 11am, at a garden centre near Bicester).

JackieNo Wed 22-Aug-07 17:04:51

As far as I can remember, you have to click on 'Local sites' in the blue bar just under the mumsnet logo. Should be obvious from htere (I think it was enter postcode, or choose from a list) - it's the Oxford local site.

Fiona365 Thu 23-Aug-07 19:58:54

Marvellous, thanks for that. A whole new world has opened up... yest another way to waste time!

thanks
Fiona

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now