Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

New Mum in Finchley

(13 Posts)
Skmoo Fri 24-Sep-04 13:10:21

I am a new mum to 3 week old Jake and live in Woodside Park/North Finchley. I dont know any other mums at all or of any Mother & Baby groups in the area. Jake & I would like to make new friends. Can anyone help?

anorak Fri 24-Sep-04 13:30:26

Hi skmoo, I live in West Herts, not a million miles away from you. There are lots of mners in your area, and most of them were out having dinner with me last night . We have regular meet-ups in the day with kids too, where we go to various venues. See the Watford meet-ups threads, there are mums from Harrow and Barnet who come along regularly.

Kayleigh Sat 25-Sep-04 19:26:45

Hi Skmoo, I'm in Barnet not very far from you at all. I have two boys ages 6 and 3. Like anorak says come to the next meet-up and meet some of the other mums. We will probably try and do the next one nearer this way as the last few times it has been watford/st albans way. Do you drive ?

Skmoo Tue 28-Sep-04 15:06:25

Hi Anorak and Kayleigh, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes I do drive and am very happy to get out and about with Jake. I will keep a watchful eye on the Watford meet up threads. Thaks guys. Hopefully hear from you soon.

melsy Tue 28-Sep-04 15:25:27

Hi skmoo , Im in enfield , Im going to organise a day meet up in oct for the barnet/watford/North london posse , probably a friday. Would be nice to meet you and your little boy.

fleurie Tue 28-Sep-04 15:34:38

skmoo i live in south london and knew no mums when my little boy was born the local nct were a good way to get to know other mums as well as going to local playgroups and singing groups all of which round here welcomed small babies

Skmoo Thu 30-Sep-04 09:00:22

Hi Melsy, will definitely try and come to the day meet. Ill keep a close eye on the threads. Jake and I are looking forward to meeting you. x

Skmoo Thu 30-Sep-04 09:01:40

Hi Fleurie. Thanks for the advise, will check out NCT. Take care.

FiMc Mon 04-Oct-04 23:55:09

HI Skmoo
Congratulations on your new baby. I live quite near North Finchley (10 min drive) - and have 11 month old Jessica & expecting another one!! Would be delighted to meet up for coffee or park etc.. - Send me a CAT and we can swap details.

Skmoo Thu 07-Oct-04 10:09:29

Hi FiMC, excuse my ignorance but whats a CAT!! Cant you tell Im new to this

Ixel Sun 10-Oct-04 11:23:10

Hi Skmoo! I'm not too far from you, and can also vouch for FiMc being lovely! click on the 'contact another talker' bit at the top of the page, and send us a message. We'd love to hang out with you and the tiny one

clarem444 Mon 31-Jul-06 18:58:06

hi everyone i live in finchley central im 21 and have a nearly two year old little boy! anyone up for a chat or have msn messsenger?

carly88 Wed 13-Aug-08 07:44:15

Hi, I'm new to this, I live in west finchley and have a 17 month old daughter. I'm 20 and would like to make new friends. any1 have msn could chat on?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: