Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Calling any NORTH WEST LONDON MUMS - where are you all?!

(11 Posts)
gerbo Mon 06-Aug-07 11:44:45

Hello! My name is Ruth, I have a lovely 4 month old daughter and am looking to get together with other mums in the NW London area.I've met some nice mums through NCT but my closest mum-friend just left for Australia so I feel the need to extend my friends network and see who's out there. I'm 30, married, a primary school teacher, and up for meeting for coffees/in the park/for walks, etc. Please reply!x

beansprout Mon 06-Aug-07 22:03:40

Hello! Whereabouts are you? I'm in Willeseden/Harlesden. Ds is 2.9 and no. 2 is due early next year. Welcome to MN!

beansprout Mon 06-Aug-07 22:04:03

Um, actually spelt Willesden wrong there!!

gerbo Tue 07-Aug-07 11:51:20

Hi beansprout! I'm in Kilburn...not so far from Willesden, on the Silverlink I guess. So what do you get up to with your little one? Any recommendations for a NW London mum?!

Possumagic Wed 08-Aug-07 16:14:14

Hello! I live near Harrow and have a 9-month-old daughter. Have been lurking on MN for ages and find it a great source of advice and tips. I too was wondering if there were any NW London MNetters out there so thanks for starting this post!

gerbo Sun 12-Aug-07 09:38:21

Hi Possumagic! Good to hear there's someone else out there. Hello beansprout if you're there too. So how's it going with a 9 month old?!

Possumagic Mon 13-Aug-07 11:28:42

Things are great thanks. Now she's crawling it's all go go go, never a dull moment! Just made the decision this week not to return to work. I found childcare in my immediate area to be far more expensive than I thought it would be. That, together with the hour long commute each way to work (I worked in Westminster), meant it wasn't really a practical option to return. So just as well I'm enjoying being a mum!

How about you? Have you/Are you going to return to work?

[Also was sad to hear about your friend moving to Oz. One of my best mates went back to Melbourne a couple of years ago - it's a long way away...]

gerbo Thu 16-Aug-07 21:04:32

Hi Possumagic - sorry about the delay. Bet you're busy now she's wriggling around the place! Hope she's not wearing you out too much. Lucky that you dion't have to go back to work hey? - I think I will have to, in January - am dreading it to be honest and yes, childcare's really expensive here too, but we need the pennies for the mortgage...we'll see! Hopefully we'll win the Lottery or something!

I'm really enjoying this age - 4 months - she's started rolling onto her side and occasionally over, which is cool...don't want her to get any older!

Well, I know Harrow's a bit of a trek - but do you fancy meeting up? I can easily get onto the Met. tube line, is there a station half way between us perhaps that would be OK for a coffee??! Will look at tube map, but if you kjnow of anywhere.....Also - any other NW mums who fancy joining us.....?

Possumagic Tue 21-Aug-07 10:04:16

Sure, would be great to meet up. I must admit, despite living here a number of years, my knowledge of the local area is embarrassingly poor! Hazard of working in central London I guess. So I'll have a scout about for somewhere to go. My tube stop is Northwick Park so easy to get to most places. Wembley Park would be half way but not sure there is anything baby-friendly around there. I'm happy to come down to Kilburn if you know anywhere good to go there. Or maybe the O2 centre at Finchley Road? Hmmm, not sure there's anything baby-friendly there either . Anyways, will have a think.

I may post something on the local Harrow board to see if there are any other NW London mums out there wanting to meet up....and if they know anywhere good to go.

quokka Tue 21-Aug-07 10:16:16

sorry saw the name and had to say that it was my fav book (possum magic) as a little girl!

DominiqueM Wed 05-Sep-07 14:36:22

Dear mums,
I am offering a free half our session of metamorphic technique which is a relaxing touch on the feet for any mums who might be interested in checking out this healing tool which I teach.
Go to www.MetamorphicJourneys.co.uk for booking info or call Dominique on 07863 544 036.
Sessions are in Muswell Hill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now