When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Any older mums in the North Bristol / South Gloucestershire area?

(18 Posts)
mumpymum22 Sun 12-Sep-04 15:07:33

Are there any older mums [35 to 50ish] living in North Bristol / South Gloucestershire who want to meet for a coffee? I have one small child, 2 teenagers and an inadequate husband. I find it difficult to make contact with other mums in my age group. Come on! Don't be shy!

Lonelymum Sun 12-Sep-04 15:11:55

I might fit the bill in a month or two, perhaps in the New Year if dh's job ever gets off the ground and we move to the area. Keep a place open for me! Good luck meeting some other mums.
BTW I asked for advice about secondary schools in your area a week or so ago, also nice areas to live. With teenage children, would you be prepared to offer your opinion on the subject?

waterbug Wed 29-Sep-04 12:27:04

hi mumpymum22, are you still there ?
I have a 5 year old dd and one nearly teenage dd .
It would be nice to meet up for a coffee and chat, I live in South Gloucestershire (Warmley area), whereabouts are you?

GreatExpectations Sun 03-Oct-04 23:58:00

hi mumpymum22 not in your area but definitly fit into that age bracket, nice to be in touch.

ByronsBird Fri 03-Dec-04 14:05:53

Hi All. I'm new to Mumsnet, an older-ish mum and will be moving to Gloucs (nr Stroud) in Feb/Mar 05. Complete change of scene - won't know anyone at all!! I have a 2 yr-old ds and a dh. Would love to hear from you, especially anyone undergoing Moving Nightmares from Hell. Thanks.

AEROBICS Wed 02-Feb-05 17:15:57

HELLO OLDER MUMS. I AM 46 AND HAVE THREE KIDS, TWO TEENAGERS AND A FOUR OLD. I TEACH AEROBICS AND GET AWAY WITH LOOKING A LOT YOUNGER.GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW! WOULD LOVE TO CHAT TO MUMS IN SIMILAR SET UP. DO YOU HAVE DIFFICULT DAUGHTERS OF SENIOR SCHOOL AGE?

AEROBICS Wed 02-Feb-05 17:19:07

HI THERE MUMPYMUM22 .I HAVE TWO TEENAGERS AND A FOUR OLD BOY,AND A DH LIKE YOURS !!!I LIVE NEAR ROMSEY/SOUTHAMPTON AND WOULD LOVE TO CHAT.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 02-Feb-05 17:50:25

ha ha at the inadequate husband!

AEROBICS Thu 03-Feb-05 11:31:24

hi weightwatchingwaterwitch,where do you live and how old are your children??

waterbug Thu 03-Feb-05 12:44:32

how nice to see this thread revived, hello everyone!
aerobics - what a shame you don't live any closer to me, i could do with somebody teaching me a good aerobics routine!i should actually be doing my work- out right now, but got stuck on here ( again).
my oldest daughter is thirteen and so far not being very difficult,i make her watch brat camp as a deterrent!
my other dd is five years old and i think she will definitly be trouble when she gets to be a teenager, completely different character to her sister.
anyway, anybody else up for a meet up?

aerobics Sun 06-Feb-05 09:17:17

hi mum22. how old is your little one. my ds2 is 4 yrs old and teenagers are 14 and 16.ds and dd. in what way is your dh inadequate ?

PinkArjuna Sun 06-Feb-05 20:11:44

I'm afraid I'm not an older mum but I live in Fishponds. Infact I am not a mum yet - a few months to go and no inadequate husband - no husband at all. If you can put up with a young yet feeling tired out and old 24 year old I'd love Coffee as I am quite new to Bristol.

maltesers Tue 08-Feb-05 11:04:15

Hi pinkArjuna, would like to meet for coffee, but live near salisbury/southampton so too far. wishing you lots of luck with baby coming along and hope you meet some new mums in bristol/ fishponds. its hard work with no dp/dh but on the other hand you can do things your way and maybe if you wish eventually meet someone new. good luck !

PinkArjuna Sat 19-Feb-05 23:16:05

bump

PinkArjuna Thu 03-Mar-05 21:07:57

girlysquare Sun 09-Apr-06 15:20:04

Hi I guess I fit into the 35-50ish age ground and have 20m dd and 14y dsd would love to have a coffee and a chat sometime. DP has his inadequate moments though generally fine. Unfortunately, full time working mum so can only meet up at weekends.

maewest Fri 02-Jun-06 07:30:05

pinkarjuna - I'm also youngish (does 28 count?) and about to be a mum at end of July. I live in St George area of Bristol and would like to get in touch with Bristol mums.

sandrativnan Wed 27-Jan-16 19:13:24

any older mums out there on the wrong side of 40 with a 3 year old... want to com eout to play? smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now