Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used any apps to meet new people?

(8 Posts)
harleysmummyx Fri 30-Nov-18 00:36:48

I'm a first time mum, and I would love to make some new mum friends as I don't have a great social life at the minute.

I'm not sure where to begin apart from the obvious 'join a group' type thing..

I've seen some meet friends apps but I'm not sure about them as I'm not after a dating app.. I'm after an app to help make new friends..

Any suggestions?

AwesomeBadger Fri 30-Nov-18 00:40:21

There’s an app I like called Peanut which is specifically set up for making Mum friends. I know it’s available on IOS, not sure about Android

harleysmummyx Fri 30-Nov-18 22:58:57

Thanks for that! I've just signed up to it! Looks like a great app.. I'm actually surprised how many mums are on it that live nearby!!

AwesomeBadger Sat 01-Dec-18 18:57:38

No problem, hope it works well for you.

PinkDaydreams Mon 31-Dec-18 10:16:53

How are you finding peanut? There’s one called mush as well. I’m a little reluctant to join so interested in how you’ve got on? I’m not on any social media at all. Haven’t really got any friends since I’ve had the little one so could do with trying to meet other mums!

claret3189 Mon 31-Dec-18 10:23:44

I set up a womens only group on meetup and have made loads of female friends. We have been on nights away and will be booking a short holiday xx

carolinacutt Sat 05-Jan-19 09:34:05

MeetUp is very good : )

shan155 Sat 24-Aug-19 18:59:41

There's an app called Mush.. I've met a few local mum's from that one 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »