Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Norma nae mates in Cardiff :)

(7 Posts)
fionav Mon 16-Apr-07 19:40:50

Hi! Just moved to Cardiff from Scotland, keen to meet up with other mums (I have 3 year old DS). Would also love to hear any good ideas about fun places to go! Are there any meet-ups planned in the area in the near future?
Fiona

PeachesMcLean Tue 17-Apr-07 21:14:36

Hi Fiona - sorry you went unanswered... - there are a few of us in Cardiff but to my knowledge we're pretty useless at arranging a general meet up I think there'll be quite a few people at the Mile for Maude walk though. have you been in Cardiff long?

BonyM Tue 17-Apr-07 21:19:24

Hi Fiona - Peachy is right, we spend hours talking about possible meet-ups but they never happen!

Cafe Junior in Cathays is good with under fives, and there are loads of activities in different parts of Cardiff. As an example, I take my dd2 (2.1) to gymtots on a Monday, softplay on Tuesday and Music & Movement on Friday.

Gymtots is on every weekday, 9.30am & 10.45am at Cardiff Central Youth Club on Ocean Way, and is good because you don't have to sign up for a term or anything, just go whenever you feel like it.

fionav Tue 17-Apr-07 21:43:34

Thanks very much for the info. I've been in Cardiff about 6 weeks now. I read about the Mile for Maude walk, are people doing it individually or as a team? DS is at nursery in the mornings and a lot of the organised classes seem to be in the mornings which is a bit of a shame, although I could take him out every now and then. I've got some info on Cafe Junior so am planning to take him there soon.

WelshBoris Fri 20-Apr-07 09:01:59

The Mile for Maude walk in Cardiff is on a Saturday, come along.

dhicks Fri 07-Oct-11 22:20:23

definately recommend cardiff central youth club- now doing baby tots and toddler gymnastics, cheerleading and dancing- low price and no membership required. Perfect for my little girl.

tallulah Fri 07-Oct-11 22:32:42

dhicks- bit late. This thread is from 2007 so the 3 yo in the OP has been at school for several years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now