Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

TAAT Stevenage and surrounds meet up

(33 Posts)
Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 09:55:31

When are we all free? Are we with or without DCs?

LadyR77 Mon 10-Aug-15 10:08:27

Hello! I can do pretty much any evening except Tuesdays, and most weekends. I work full time Mon-Fri, so not around for daytime meets during the week, but am usually home from work by 6pm.

We're away the last week of September/first week of October, but other than that I'm pretty flexible smile

Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 10:20:26

Evenings work for me after seven. I just need a bit of notice so DH knows he's on bedtime duty.

LadyR77 Mon 10-Aug-15 10:25:53

Likewise - DS has DH wrapped round his little finger at bedtimes, so notice is definitely required!

Lidlmoose Mon 10-Aug-15 10:45:50

Hi, I found it smile I work at home, but can pop out in the mornings or after 2.30. DS is 7, so on holiday for a few weeks yet. Could do evenings except Thursday, notice is good too as dh is away a bit at the moment. Look forward to meeting you both. I don't know about you, but I'm not originally from the area and now ds is at school and I'm at home it gets a bit quiet. Whereabouts are you? I'm in Stevenage/great ashby.

LadyR77 Mon 10-Aug-15 10:56:41

We're in Shephall in Stevenage. Moved here about 18 months ago - originally from London, but couldn't afford to buy a house there! FIL is in Welwyn Garden City, so we decided to make the move to Hertfordshire to be a bit nearer him.

Lidlmoose Mon 10-Aug-15 11:00:17

You're not far away then, we lived in wgc before moving here. How old is your ds?

Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 11:01:40

We're just over the A1 in Preston. Been here nearly a year but spent so much time on the house and work I've not had much chance to make friends. Made one good friend through mumsnet. She's in Hitchin. I'll see if she's up for this too.

Also work from home but Monday is DS day so looking for fellow park botherers ��

Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 11:03:05

DS is 2.

LadyR77 Mon 10-Aug-15 11:13:02

My DS is also 2 - just coming up to 2 and a half.

Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 11:32:25

Mine is currently 'helping' with the washing. How are you finding the summer break Lidl?

Where could we meet? The only place I know is the Hermit at Redcoats, is that too far? I've been meaning to try their gin list for a while.

Lidlmoose Mon 10-Aug-15 11:48:58

The holiday is starting to feel quite long now, for both of us I think, but we're trying to get out and do something every day. You've got a head start if yours is helping with the washing ;) happy to meet anywhere really, I haven't been to redcoats yet but gin sounds great ��

LadyR77 Mon 10-Aug-15 12:25:08

Oooh, anywhere with a gin list is ok with me grin

I had my DS hard at work mopping floors and helping with the hoovering yesterday :-)

Lidlmoose Mon 10-Aug-15 12:33:58

You two have it sorted out :D
If I can interest ds in anything other than lego, I am doing well...

Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 12:41:04

It's a double edged sword. Hoovering with fourteen extra kilos on the handle must be doing my abs some good though.

I can't wait for the Lego years. My sister has her Lego and her kid's Lego. They touch hers at their peril.

Flingingmelon Mon 10-Aug-15 21:03:41

Evening. Don't seem to have had the others make this thread, think it's worth pming?

Shall we wait a little before we pick a date?

LadyR77 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:37:41

Evening. There were definitely a couple of others who might be up for it - worth a pm and then we can sort a date.

Flingingmelon Tue 11-Aug-15 08:12:50

Done x

ConstableVisit Tue 11-Aug-15 08:56:55

Hellooo smile
I think you might be a bit far away for me (Watford), I don't drive so Hitchin would be a bit of a mission for me.

Andthenutlookedgood Tue 11-Aug-15 10:02:32

Hi all, I'm in West Essex, not too far from the border with Herts. I don't know where Stevenage is blush but I have a feeling it might be too far for me. Maybe I should start a West Essex thread?

icantseenoships Wed 12-Aug-15 13:05:28

Hi all! likewise I'm on west Essex/East Herts border. Could Stevenage be a a bit of a faff public transport wise (my only option at the mo)? Those of you who work, don't suppose it's in London by any chance? Lunch? A swift gin post-work?!

Flingingmelon Wed 12-Aug-15 20:48:52

I head into London at least once a week. I'd certainly have no problem if we met at KX. There's loads of good meeting options there too.

LadyR77 Wed 12-Aug-15 21:22:48

I work in Cambridgeshire, but could easily do an evening in London, or daytime at a weekend, if that suits everyone.

TheHoundsBitch Thu 13-Aug-15 10:13:47

KX would be easier for me than Hitchin/ Stevenage smile

Flingingmelon Thu 13-Aug-15 21:34:44

Hi All,

Should we look at a date? Monday and Fridays are a bit tight for the next few weeks, would a school. Ought be too much trouble if we headed into KX?

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now