Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Bristol/Bath Mums!

(99 Posts)
dingdong Mon 05-Apr-04 22:14:11

Hello, I live in the Bristol/Bath area and am finding being a new Mum and not being from this area a really lonely experience - I'd love to meet some other likeminded Mums in the area - anyone there?!

wobblyknicks Mon 05-Apr-04 22:16:04

I'm in deep dark Cornwall but happy to travel to Bristol for a meet-up, though I expect you're looking for a more regular thing.

lalaa Mon 05-Apr-04 22:19:04

me too! just moved to Bath a month ago and would love to meet up!

Podmog Tue 06-Apr-04 08:29:22

Message withdrawn

littlerach Tue 06-Apr-04 08:36:39

Live in Trowbridge, Wilts, easily travel to Bath.
When and where?!!!

beetrootant Tue 06-Apr-04 14:18:01

Message withdrawn

momof2 Tue 06-Apr-04 14:24:28

I am inbetween bristol and bath, would love to meet up but work FT at the moment so would have to be a weekend or evening.

dingdong Tue 06-Apr-04 20:44:47

fab! perhaps we can arrange to meet somewhere that would be convenient for everyone??? where do you think would be good - I can do pretty much any day although wednesday mornings are tricky as I go to a baby group...

wobblyknicks Wed 07-Apr-04 10:23:59

What about somewhere in central bristol (easy to get to) at a child-friendly to have lunch one saturday?

wobblyknicks Wed 07-Apr-04 10:24:14

A child-friendly PLACE that should be!!!!

dingdong Wed 07-Apr-04 16:07:09

I'm happy to meet in Bristol or Bath - or Cribbs if its easier, just need it to be somewhere child friendly... does anybody know of anywhere???

littlerach Wed 07-Apr-04 19:42:44

How about Cribbs on a Monday morning?
Or a Saturday, or would it be ridiculously busy?

WideWebWitch Wed 07-Apr-04 21:43:19

Ooh, you don't want to go to Cribbs on a Sat morning. Well, maybe you do but I don't - it's *hideous* IME. I've just got a job so can only do weekends or evenings but will come to the next meet if it's one of those. The @ Bristol square is quite a nice place to meet with kids if they want to run about, though I suppose you'd want to bring toys for littler ones and it's only any good if it's a nice day. Err, so maybe it's a rubbish idea?! Ah well, someone else suggest something then

musica Wed 07-Apr-04 21:45:07

fantastic news www - well done you! I was wondering how you'd got on. I'm really pleased for you.

dingdong Wed 07-Apr-04 22:17:33

if we do meet at Cribbs I'd rather avoid a saturday too or I will end up mowing everyone down with my push chair!!! Molly is only 6 mths old so she woont be doing any running around just yet tho she make a bit of noise... eeek!!! Im not really clued up on the child friendly places to go in the area as its all still a bit new to me!!!

sobernow Wed 07-Apr-04 22:23:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WideWebWitch Wed 07-Apr-04 22:53:10

Sobernow and musica, thanks! I have one Jasper Conran suit (Debenhams, so not as posh as it sounds but still, not a *really* cheapie one) and need to buy more work clothes so maybe I will end up at Cribbs this weekend. Yes, dp is going to be a SAHD from Weds next week, ha ha. Says he'll be here so look out for him. And he reckons it'll be a doddle, Ha! Says he'll keep a clean house and a meal on the table every night so that makes him a better sahm than I ever was but I had a mumsnet addiction to feed And yes, we should be able to afford a house at last, hoorah! Sorry to go off topic everyone.

beetroot Thu 08-Apr-04 11:37:50

Message withdrawn

lalaa Fri 09-Apr-04 20:14:55

just reviving this as there were no firm conclusions. maybe we should go for cribbs on a weekday? not everyone will be able to make it, but maybe we could do a weekend next time?

dingdong Sat 10-Apr-04 20:25:44

i can do cribbs on a weekday - would like to avoid wednesday a.m's though ideally....!

littlerach Sat 10-Apr-04 20:28:53

Mon am? Or Thurs pm?
Who's around?

dingdong Mon 12-Apr-04 20:02:03

ok! I can do thursday afternoon (15th) or I could do tuesday 20th p.m,??? would love to meet some Mum's - I don't know that many people in Bristol- only ex work colleagues and I have no family nearby so it would be great to have a chat to some people who understand!!
I live on the Bath side of Bristol so can travel to either - or stick with Cribbs if its easier for parking etc...

dingdong Fri 16-Apr-04 12:08:00

err was it something I said???!!!!
it would be great to meet - anyone interested???

Podmog Fri 16-Apr-04 12:22:14

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Sat 17-Apr-04 07:51:56

I am interested but can only do evenings now. So do arrange daytime and count me out if it's easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now