Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

CALLING New Mums in W2, W11, W10, NW6, NW2, NW10, NW3?????

(17 Posts)
pennytiff Fri 26-May-06 14:01:49

I've just given birth to a beautiful baby girl and would love to meet new mums who are also finding motherhood exciting, scary, enjoyable and stressful in the coming months

I am in Kensal Green, but would love to meet first time mums or even mums with new borns from Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill, Willesden, West Hampstead, Hampstead etc etc for coffee or even that occasional glass of wine!!

Look forward to seeing who's out there

lilsmom Sun 28-May-06 20:49:25

Hi! Congratulations on your new baby! Mine was born 11 weeks ago. I'm in West Hampstead and would be great to get a group together around here!

pennytiff Tue 30-May-06 17:38:34

Hi Lilsmum,

Excellent congrates on yours aswell.

I have DH with me for the next two weeks but would love to arrange something for later in June.

How are you finding this new experience? It's all very exciting but feeling a bit anxious once I am left alone.

But she's a great sleeper and feeder so she is making life a little simpler. (i've probably spoken too soon)

Look forward to hearing from you

lilsmom Wed 31-May-06 14:46:31

Hi! Great to hear from you.

Things are going pretty well. My mother came to stay with me when my baby was born for 2 1/2 weeks, and I remember that the day she left I started to panic a little, so anxiety is definitely normal. It wasn't until about 8 weeks that I started to enjoy motherhood, I guess because I was trying to get used to everything and was anxious that I was doing everything right and life was sometimes pretty unpredictable. It gets easier, believe me. Now she is sleeping through the night from 11pm to 7am. Even though some days can get crazy or out of whack, I feel more in control overall. For one thing, it no longer takes me 2 hours to get out of the house!

I am around until June 25, as am going away after that. Would be great to meet-up!

About 2-3 weeks after I had my daughter, I started a similar message board and no one responded! Where is everyone in this area? It would be so nice to get a group together so we could meet-up regularly and things.

Speak soon.

docket Wed 31-May-06 14:51:35

Hi, I live in Kensal Rise and am due to have my baby (a DD) next week. I've already got a 19 month old ds.

Would love to meet up with some other mums in the area - have you been to Gracelands cafe - it's very child friendly?!

pennytiff Thu 01-Jun-06 12:21:51

Hi lilsmom & docket,

Hopefully this time we can get a few people together, if not three isn't bad.

Oh docket, I hope you are feeling excited about the birth, I wish you well for the next week, I know how long it seems to drag on. If you feel up to it we can meet to help you make up some time but I am guessing with a 19 month yr old you already have your time taken up!! But when you have had the little one, we will have to arrange a meet up, in Gracelands. I have never been but would love to find new places to go to as I have only been living this way since Oct.

I agree with you lilsmum, I had my mum here for nearly a week, and I was heart broken when she had to leave to go home. I wasn't so much worried about DD as DH is here, I needed her for cuddles and just to get through the tearful moments

But I am enjoying DD and motherhood, just had loads of off-loading from work and interuptions, which is frustrating Just want to enjoy this time with her as I know you only get it once!!

Let me know a good day for you both and we will try and arrange a meet-up

pennytiff Thu 22-Jun-06 11:00:23

Well it seems like I am left alone again

Any New Mum who fancies some light relief? It would be great meet up.

Hope to hear from more

docket Fri 30-Jun-06 17:58:25

Hi Pennytiff

Sorry to have gone quiet, have been kept very busy by ds and now by my dd who was born on the 19th. Would love to meet up and am pretty flexible about when. how are you fixed this or next week?

Docket

docket Mon 03-Jul-06 09:25:14

bump!

novadandypowder Wed 05-Jul-06 12:03:45

congrats docket, you must be very busy!

I live not far from the big sainsburys on ladbroke grove, so shouldn't be that far from you or penny. I'm finding it hard to make real mummy friends around here so always up for meeting new people. I'm best contacted through email, which is my MN talk name at hotmail dot com.

Sorry, 8 mo DD not impressed with being sat at computer!

Kegs Wed 05-Jul-06 21:52:42

Hi guys,

If you are accepting new peeps to the group can I join? I moved to W10 last week (Nova - I know we spoke ages ago about me moving but things moved very very slowly)!

I am a first time mum, I have a 6 month old boy and would love to meet with other mums in the area.

x

docket Thu 06-Jul-06 10:14:04

hi nova, kegs and pennytiff & lilsmon, are you there?!

i'd love to meet up, if in july then mon-thurs are best for me as my ds is still at the childminder on those days meaning i only have to manage the little one. after that i have both nippers full time (which i am quite scared about )

sounds like we are all within spitting distance, any suggestions about where we could meet? queens park if it's a nice day? or gracelands cafe in kensal rise is nice and very kiddie friendly?

Kegs Thu 06-Jul-06 11:47:20

Hi Docket

I'm here and happy to meet whenever anyone else is, I am new to this area so my social diary is pretty empty so if everyone else wants to set a date and time I will definitely be there.

Am looking forward to it!

docket Tue 11-Jul-06 19:36:41

okay, how about next tuesday or wednesday? coffee somewhere. gracelands is good - it's on college road in kensal green. i'm happy to go anywhere mind. i will e mail nova. penny, are you around?

Kegs Wed 12-Jul-06 17:51:16

Sounds good to me, Wednesday is fine. Get my e-mail from Nova if you need it, if not I will get all the details from her.

See you soon x

chedda Fri 11-Apr-08 09:25:53

i live in medway kent, interested in meeting other mums.

nikki26 Tue 23-Jun-09 22:33:49

hi there everyone,i live 5 mins from sainsburys as well,and know what you mean about meeting other mums,its bloody hard,ive got a 22 month old girl and another one on the way in august.It would be really nice to meet up with some local people as am also quite new to the area and would like my little ones to have some mates close by,feel free to email me if ur still meeting up and would like to meet other people. nikki

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now