Talk

Advanced search

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Edinburgh Christmas Meet-up??

(785 Posts)
TheButterflyEffect Sun 15-Aug-10 17:56:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 11:13:56

gomez Mon 30-Aug-10 13:01:09

Christmas bad.

Food and drink, good!

Count me in, would agree re: timing TBE, it worked well.

I have no preference re: location (i.e. Glasgow/Edinburgh/Perth/Dundee/Outer Hebridees) or venue but would vote for a meal and a blether as opposed to some god awful 'Christmas Party Night'.

Date wise I am okay at the moment.

FromGirders Mon 30-Aug-10 13:14:15

That sounds fab! Somewhere accessible by train, please smile . Edinburgh is good. Eating and drinking also v good.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 13:14:42

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 13:25:35

gomez Mon 30-Aug-10 13:32:26

Last year was medicore food wise I thought anyway has changed now

www.thescotchofstjames.com/

Location wise it was good however.

Leith - Skippers mmm is good. But not that great for train access - and last year people arrived and left in drips and draps so I think walkable to station best.

I can't offer a bed I am afraid given I don't live in Edinburgh but would of course if I could.

We should get some numbers and then come up with a few locations then.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 13:45:38

AgentProvocateur Mon 30-Aug-10 14:05:07

Are you all East coasters, then? Did many people come from Glasgow last year? I was thinking somewhere in the middle might be nice, but I don't think there's much in Shotts! wink

Put me down as a provisional please. I will be juggling one DS's panto and the other DS's prelims, so I don't want to commit until I know whether DH will be about to help.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 14:07:01

gomez Mon 30-Aug-10 14:16:37

Oops just noticed the Edinburgh in the title.......blush

gomez Mon 30-Aug-10 14:18:33

Meant to say I am not an East Coaster at all (well I am by birth but I don't mention that too often) and am happy to go where ever I can catch I train there and back to permit vimto drinking.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 14:23:09

prettybird Mon 30-Aug-10 14:43:50

I like my Mumsnet Christmas trips over to Edinburgh (waves to Gomez and TBE )

I'm happy to make the trip over from Glasgow. I'd offer a bed - but you'd have to come back on the train with me! grin

Any weekend is fine with me ATM (Johnny No-mates I am wink)

I liked the timing the last time: time to meet-up and drink chat drivel intellingently and get to know all the other lovely Scottish Mumsnetters

So.....

TheButterflyEffect
Gomez
FromGirders
Prettybird

I'll put a link onto the Mumsnet Local - Glasgow topic pointing them over here. Perhaps somene could do the same for Edinburgh?

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 15:17:18

FromGirders Mon 30-Aug-10 16:01:44

Bum, just realised I can't do the 11th. Can do the fourth though [hopeful] not that I expect to be worked around though, if that doesn't suit the majority.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 30-Aug-10 16:14:53

prettybird Tue 31-Aug-10 08:50:08

I'm easy on dates.

Anyone else? - I know it's early to be thiking about it........

stirlingstar Tue 31-Aug-10 11:46:32

Hello I am a very lurky lurker but would like to be brave and come. Eek.

I'm in Stirling (you'd never guess) - anywhere near a train station should be OK.

stirlingstar Tue 31-Aug-10 11:47:03

And fine on dates weekend of 4th or 11th

prettybird Tue 31-Aug-10 12:06:51

It will be near a station so that the weegies (like me) can stagger get the last train home.

We're very friendly, honest!

.....I dont have to shave my arms that often wink

I'd like to come too - and I promise to make sure that prettybird doesn't cause too much trouble on the train on the way back to Glasgow!! winkgrin

Either the 4th or the 11th would be OK for me, and a meal and a blether would be great (my clubbing days are so far in the past that the memories are sepia-tinted).

prettybird Tue 31-Aug-10 12:48:07

It'll be good to meet you STDG (I don't think we have met before unless you have been to other meet-ups that I can't remember).

If it reassures you, you won't be oldest there (that'll probably be me blush). I can count the number of times I have been to a club on the fingers of one hand (went to a Uni that didn't have a nighr club in the town) - and the last time was probably 20 years ago blush.

TheButterflyEffect Tue 31-Aug-10 12:51:02

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 31-Aug-10 12:52:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now