Talk

Advanced search

Gem radio media request - sexting

(1 Post)
NiamhMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Jun-19 09:24:31

Hello everyone,

We have been contacted by Tom Hilton who is working on a feature for Gem radio. This is what he said:

"I'm a journalist doing a special feature on sexting.

I've done a number of freedom of information requests to my local police forces and it's shown the amount of recorded offences of sexting (where someone under the age of consent sends an intimate picture/video to someone else) has risen considerably. In some areas it's gone up by more than 900% since 2012.

I'm looking to see if there would be any parents who would be interested in speaking to me on the subject whether they have strong views on it; if they've had ways they've approached the subject with their children or if their children have been the victims or have been involved in sexting.

Anyone that I speak to will be treated individually and can be made anonymous if that's what they would like.

I would be very grateful to anyone who would get in touch on this subject and I am hopeful that shedding more light on it can help prevent more young people getting themselves into trouble."

You can contact Tom at tom.hilton@gem106.co.uk

We don't have any more details about this and this thread won’t necessarily be monitored, so do please contact Tom directly with any queries or if you're interested in taking part.

Thanks
MNHQ

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »