Talk

Advanced search

If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

Financial Times request - Nostalgia piece by Hugo Greenhalgh

(1 Post)
AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Mar-17 09:23:02

Hello,

We've had a media request from Hugo Greenhalgh at the FT. He has outlined what he's looking for below:

'Hi, I'm writing a complete nostalgia-fest piece looking at children's bank accounts 30 years ago and what they look like today. Back in the day, I was given a Midland Bank Griffin sportsbag, a folder and, I think, a plastic card that didn't really do anything because ATMs had yet to be invented.

My questions are a) what did you get 30 or so years ago? Bags? Protractors? Or piggybanks? And b) when you're looking to open a bank account for your child nowadays what do you look for? Interest rates? Control? Access to their account? Or any freebies on offer - if there are any (is it all apps nowadays)?

I'm filing the piece on Friday for Saturday March 18th's FT Money section, so would love to hear your views, either here or at hugo.greenhalgh@ft.com.'

We at MNHQ don't have any further details about this so please contact Hugo with any questions.

Thanks,
MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now