Talk

Advanced search

If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

Daily Mail media request: shy or lonely children

(103 Posts)
FinnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Nov-16 12:45:59

Hello,

We've had a request for case studies from Julie Cook, writing for the Daily Mail.

Julie is hoping to speak to the parents of shy or lonely children, for a 'sensitive' piece looking at the difficulties they face and, with input from a psychologist, exploring how parents can best help them to be more confident. Participants will need to speak about the effect shyness can have both on the child and their family, and will receive a fee.

If you're interested in contributing, or have any questions about the piece, please email Julie on julie_cook@outlook.com

We at MNHQ don't have any further details about this and Julie won't necessarily be monitoring the thread, so if you have any questions please do contact her directly.

Thanks,
MNHQ

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Tue 22-Nov-16 12:15:51

The DM are asking permission now? Couldn't they find a suitable thread to copy & paste?

I do like the sceptical quotes around 'sensitive' though.

Gowgirl Tue 22-Nov-16 12:18:47

hmm pardon me if I don't feel like volunteering....

olderthanyouthink Tue 22-Nov-16 12:20:10

I bet they just can't find a thread that takes their fancy or fits the bill

FloatyFlo Tue 22-Nov-16 12:20:45

Erm...how about...no. FuckoffDailyMail

HeyRoly Tue 22-Nov-16 12:21:00

Who in their right mind is going to offer up their child to the Mail so they can write a story about how "lonely" they are? hmm

Megainstant Tue 22-Nov-16 12:21:38

Why didn't she just name change and start a thread asking for advice like any other self-respecting Daily Mail journalist? confused

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Tue 22-Nov-16 12:21:57

Shona Siberry? Samantha Brick?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 22-Nov-16 12:23:17

MNHQ - why on earth are you helping the DM?. I'm surprised that with the amount of content they steal from you, and the primarily women hating content of the paper, that you don't just block their emails TBH.

Can you understand why people are cynical about your relationship with the DM when you support them on this way?...

PhilODox Tue 22-Nov-16 12:24:57

Surely there are lots of journos they already employ that could pimp out their children again for a DM sad face?

FoulMouthedIlliterateHarridan Tue 22-Nov-16 12:25:15

Daily Mail asking permission?

<checks date to see if it's an April Fool>

FloodMud Tue 22-Nov-16 12:25:48

Anyone offering their shy or lonely child up to the DM needs to take a good hard look at their decisions.

Mondegreens Tue 22-Nov-16 12:27:08

In fairness, you would have to be incredibly stupid or terribly naive to offer up your offspring as a 'case study' for a newspaper which has managed to take peddling misogyny and knee-jerk reactionary underthinking to a new low. Let's see, will the Tragic Lonely Shy Child be related to the fact that his/her mother works? To being an only child, also because his/her mother is a chilly careerist cow who didn't want to give Ickle Tragic Dominic lots of nice brothers and sisters and preferably stay at home in a pinny? hmm

I ca just imagine how 'sensitive' a 'journalist' 'writing' for a 'newspaper' like that would be - gosh, what a lot of quotation marks. Needed, though.

BeyondTheHarpy Tue 22-Nov-16 12:27:14

<snort> at 'sensitive'

I bet Julie's email is being positively inundated
grin

GrabtharsHammer Tue 22-Nov-16 12:27:40

Oh yes. My dd has several issues and is often painfully shy. I can't think of a better way to deal with this than having her details splashed in a vile cheap rag.

Where do I sign?

SharonBotts Tue 22-Nov-16 12:27:43

hmm Honestly, Mumsnet, sort yourself out. What on earth are you doing assisting this misogynistic rag?

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Tue 22-Nov-16 12:27:46

Sorry, I'm to busy trying to scoop my eyeballs out with a teaspoon.

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Tue 22-Nov-16 12:28:03

They've got a load of requests. Organised Christmas shoppers, balancing commitments, childcare costs, reactions to the autumn budget. I wonder if they keep coming back because they actually get responses?

Nanasueathome Tue 22-Nov-16 12:28:41

This is not going to end well........

PollyHampton Tue 22-Nov-16 12:29:13

"Sensitive piece" Bollocks can the DM do a sensitive piece.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Tue 22-Nov-16 12:31:32

*too busy. Dm feckers knocking my concentration.

Starlight2345 Tue 22-Nov-16 12:32:26

Well that made me smile...

Sensitive....Of course you are.

ZoFloMoFo Tue 22-Nov-16 12:33:45

Hahahahahaha

Really Mumsnet... REALLY!?confused

MarthasHarbour Tue 22-Nov-16 12:37:24

Just googled Shona Sibary, I remember reading her tat years ago when MN caught on to her. I see she has been re-employed this year with lots more shite for us to read.

Except i cannot bring myself to click on the links thus boosting their revenue. Shame as i need a laugh sad

Uppsala Tue 22-Nov-16 12:37:29

"If you're interested in contributing, or have any questions about the piece, please email Julie on julie_cook@outlook.com"

is this a joke?

hmm I think not. Even if i had shy kids i wouldn't wish my family to be associated with this rag. HTH .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now