Talk

Learning to run a business

(3 Posts)
MasterSensei Fri 26-Oct-18 14:16:43

Recently I've had an amazing opportunity present itself I've been given the chance to run part of a local business. It's something that is far more flexible should bring in more money I know I'll love doing it and I'll get to spend a lot more time at home.

Only problem is I have absolutely no idea how to run a business, I'd be setting up in a new area from scratch. I know I'll be fine running it it's more the financial side of it.

Is there anyone who was in a similar situation when they started their business, any tips? Anything I might not have thought of?

sasparilla1 Fri 26-Oct-18 16:51:19

What do you mean by the financial side? Do you need to raise funds or is the actual accounts side?

I have a cash flow spreadsheet that I find invaluable. I could use my accounts package, but I prefer my spreadsheet as I can shunt figures around etc.

BellaNgo Tue 11-Dec-18 11:35:21

Hi @MasterSensei, first off, congratulations!

I would suggest figuring out the areas in which you need guidance/support and speak to the team to see if any of these skill sets/knowledge can be shared.

I would also suggest enrolling yourself in an Incubator programme where they teach you the basis of entrepreneurship : how to validate new ideas and launch them.

Alternatively, I highly suggest to check out Lynda.com - it’s a website full of short courses taught by professionals. If you have identief the areas you want to learn, Lynda can help you do the rest smile.

HTH!
Bella

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: