Talk

Make It Your Business FAQs

(3 Posts)
lauraemilyd Sat 09-Jun-18 14:39:00

Hi all, for those of you who want to find out more about Make It Your Business here are some helpful answers!

What is Make It Your Business?

Make It Your Business is a nationwide initiative that supports and encourages women to start their own business. Free membership gives you access to all of our events, our monthly newsletter and advice and tips from our entrepreneurs for starting your own business.

Why did you start Make It Your Business?

We know how lonely it can be to start a business, so our aim is to build a supportive and understanding women’s business network that can be there when you need that bit of advice or encouragement. Whether you are a young professional, a mum or a returner, we aim to inspire and create confidence for women in business. We want to create a community of female entrepreneurs to share business tips, discuss best practice and provide practical and emotional support.

How do you help women who want to start a business?

We connect aspiring female entrepreneurs with business women from across the country through regular seminars and networking opportunities. Our Local Champions are on hand to help you on your business journey through fun networking opportunities in your area.

How can I become a member of Make It Your Business?

You can sign up as a free member of Make It Your Business through our website.

What do I receive as a member of Make It Your Business?

Free membership of Make It Your Business gives access to our networking socials held regularly across the UK, our monthly newsletter packed full of business tips and advice, as well as mentoring opportunities.

What events do you run?

We run events, seminars and meet ups across the country. Each of our informal seminars has a panel of established female entrepreneurs who share the story of their business journey and the secrets of success. There is always plenty of time for you to ask them questions and advice.

We also run networking events as a follow up a few weeks after the seminars, usually over a drink and a chat. These are organised by our friendly Local Champions who are here to help and encourage you on your entrepreneurial journey.

Where can I find out more about your events?

Our website lists all of our upcoming events with location, timings and information on our panelist. You can book through our page.

Who are your panelists?

Our panels are made up of proven female entrepreneurs who have already trodden the path and are committed to offering their advice, answering your questions and ensuring that your business is a success.

Who are your entrepreneurs?

Having been in your shoes, our entrepreneurs are here to help! From retail to business services, our entrepreneurs span the length and breadth of the UK and are committed to inspiring and helping women who want to follow a similar path. You can read their stories on the special Gallery on our website.

What other resources are available?

We work closely with Mumsnet, where our entrepreneurs answer your burning business questions on its active online forum and several threads. From marketing to branding, accounting to balancing work with family life, our entrepreneurs are ready to take your questions!

How can I suggest a future Make It Your Business event?

Leave us a comment on this forum or email us with your suggestion.

belfastbusinessforsale Wed 15-Aug-18 10:22:08

Good morning, I have a business for sale which I think would be suitable for your members, however I'm not sure if it's acceptable to post it here? Would you please be able to advise if this is within the rules? Many thanks.

BellaNgo Thu 13-Dec-18 19:45:33

Hi @belfastbsuinessforsale,

I am a volunteer at MIYB. We’re sorry for the late response. You are welcome to make a separate post on the business and how you think it can best help our female entrepreneurs!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: