Talk

New Business - how do i get the name out there

(9 Posts)
NewDayNewBeginnings Wed 07-Feb-18 19:54:12

Hi. i'm assuming this is the correct place to ask this, don't want to get myself into trouble.
I've recently finished setting up and online business. I don't really have much experience in this field, but I've gone ahead with it anyway. Now that is all created and ready to go, i'm having problems with getting the name out there.
Is there any way of doing that without it costing a fortune?
Thanks

Myddognearlyatethedeliveryman Wed 07-Feb-18 19:55:41

Fb? Gumtree ad /similar /put yourself on LinkedIn.

NewDayNewBeginnings Wed 07-Feb-18 20:09:19

fb.. would it not only be your friends that saw it? Ill try gumtree and linkedIn.. thanks

Myddognearlyatethedeliveryman Wed 07-Feb-18 20:14:19

Not on fb so not sure how it works regarding passing on but it's good for passing on stuff people don't want spread around! Worth a try! Is there not an ad bit on mn local?

bowtieandheels Wed 07-Feb-18 20:17:05

Facebook do paid promoted ads, you can chose who sees it and how much you want to spend on a daily basis but basically digital marketing costs. If you're not in a hurry and want to grow organically then use social media to engage with your customers and if they're happy with your product/service then ask them to spread the word or share on their Facebook pages. Depending on what your product is you could find Facebook groups to post and market to. Start to build a mailing list and use mail chimp to send promo emails. Cross marketing is good also, find smaller start up brands that also want help promoting to a similar audience and team up with them to give discount codes to their customers in return for offering to promote their business to your clients. Good luck!

Mumsymcmumface Wed 07-Feb-18 20:18:53

Setup a business Facebook page, and invite friends etc to like it. You can run some very easy to setup targeted adverts to either geographical locations, ages of person, male or female, and people with specific interests.

Facebook have recently changed the way business content shows on news feeds DO NOT RUN like and share, comment to enter etc competitions as these will have a massively detrimental impact on your organic (non paid) impressions in the furure.

Mumsymcmumface Wed 07-Feb-18 20:22:27

And google adwords, and instagram, but basically it’s going to cost money to get people to see your content

NewDayNewBeginnings Wed 07-Feb-18 20:50:09

ok thanks. will start on what has been suggested

AlisonMakeItYourBusiness Tue 13-Feb-18 18:11:26

We’re covering lots of the topics you’re asking about at our events - the next few are being held in Barnet, Central London, Wilmslow and Cardiff and we’ll be holding them around the country in the months ahead. If you’re interested in coming along or receiving our newsletters/info about our mentors, you can sign up here. Just to be clear, it’s free to register and we’re not-for-profit. Really hope you find it useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now