Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask a really TMI question pls?

(5 Posts)
bbcessex Wed 14-Feb-18 09:19:08

poo-related - sorry!!!

When I eat carbs, I always have somewhat loose stools (but not problematical).

When I don't eat carbs, I have what I would call 'proper poos' which are poo-shaped!!!

does anyone else get this or am I weird?

Babymamaroon Tue 20-Feb-18 22:04:21

Since I lowered my carbs, I too have suffered loose stools whenever I eat them in abundance.

Makes me want to avoid them tbh. My bodily functions work so well without them...

peeonastickaddict Mon 26-Feb-18 14:07:04

I'm the opposite, when I have carbs I have "normal" poo but when I cut our carbs my poo goes onto the runny side

bbcessex Mon 26-Feb-18 17:01:43

Thanks for your posts - seems like 50/50 then!!

Wish I had will power..the body-world & brain are a better place when I’m carb-free(mainly)

Teenagermum1979 Sun 11-Mar-18 08:41:03

Hey,

Yes you're right. Carbs are part of what helps to you poo properly. The physiology of it is complicated so I'll spare you but low carb diets will make you more prone to constipation.

I had a particularly nasty episode last year when I really reduced my carbs and needed suppositories etc to solve it. I'm back low carb-ing again but I'm having smaller amounts and intermittently using senna to help keep things moving. Seems to be working so far. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: