Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vegan, low sugar, low carb. What the hell can I eat?!

(6 Posts)
shockshockhorror Thu 15-Jun-17 11:22:33

I've just tried on my dress for DB's wedding and couldn't zip it up! Wedding is in September, tell me how to eat please!

I'm vegan, so no chocolate/biscuits/cakes anyway.

I'm generally low sugar as I have an under active thyroid and find my metabolism just doesn't cope well with a lot of sugar. So no fruit, sweets, deserts. Apart from the odd bit of vegan ice-cream and glass of wine.

He only other thing I can think of to cut out is carbs and oil. I eat a lot of rice and curries cooked in oil, roasted vegetables in oil... etc. Also Chinese takeaways which have to stop!

Any advice? I don't want or need to lose a lot, just half a stone or so.

Thanks in advance!

shockshockhorror Thu 15-Jun-17 11:23:06

In particular I'm wondering about breakfast. Can't do eggs or cereal or fruit or toast.. what else is there?!

shockshockhorror Thu 15-Jun-17 11:25:03

Also, I do eat a lot of fat. Good fats like avocado and hummus but I'll probably eat 3 avocados and 4 pots of hummus a week! Can I keep these?!

Todayisanewday75 Thu 15-Jun-17 16:36:36

I posted about vegan weight loss in the vegan topic, lots of advice, go and have a look. I'd post a link but I've no idea how to!
There is also a thread on there about vegan breakfasts that might be helpful.

Giraffeski Thu 15-Jun-17 16:38:17

I wouldn't cut out oil if you cut out carbs. Have a look at the low carb boot camp threads for more info but a low carb, high fat diet might be better for you.

shockshockhorror Fri 16-Jun-17 08:03:43

Thank you. I'll look at vegan eating and low carb boot camp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now