Talk

Advanced search

So this is interesting - now low carb is working and the weight is falling off

(18 Posts)
SleepFreeZone Wed 31-May-17 08:19:46

So I've basically massively cut down on meat. I'm having lots of oil, eggs, low carb veg and fish and the weight is falling off.

janx Wed 31-May-17 08:21:34

So you were finding meat in your diet was impeding weight loss?

SleepFreeZone Wed 31-May-17 08:24:10

Typical days eating might be;
3 x fried eggs with lots of cherry tomatoes
I courgette fried off with lettuce, cucumber, spring onions and sprinkled with lots of Parmesan.
1/2 avocado, some asparagus tips, salad and fine french beans with some steamed fish and lots of olive oil.

No fruit or yogurt or mayo and only a small amount of meat occasionally. I think when it wasn't working it was because I was eating too much meat and maybe too much mayo!

SleepFreeZone Wed 31-May-17 08:25:26

janx I think so. I was basically maintaining whereas swapping the meat for fish and losing the mayo seems to have made the difference.

LastSummerWine Wed 31-May-17 08:29:51

I'm doing simething similar and run out of ideas for food, so thanks for listing yours. I'm not doing the meat thing, but swapping the carbs. I find I put on weight by just walking past them.

SleepFreeZone Thu 01-Jun-17 06:39:21

So I've dropped another pound this morning. That's 5lb in 10 days! I was totally stuck at 10 stone 12 and had been since Christmas. I'm over the moon 🤗

So I think I'm going to aim for 10 stone which will give me a BMI of around 22.

SleepFreeZone Thu 01-Jun-17 06:40:22

I should add im now 10 stone 7, so I'm looking to lose another 7lb if possible.

SaltySeaBird Thu 01-Jun-17 07:00:07

Well done! It's the most effective diet for me but I struggle most with breakfast ideas so feel free to share more of your meal ideas!

Asmoto Thu 01-Jun-17 07:09:36

SaltySeaBird There is a really good recipe thread in the Low Carb Bootcamp topic if you are looking for meal inspiration:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/low_carb_bootcamp/1447493-Bootcamp-Recipe-Thread

SleepFreeZone Thu 01-Jun-17 07:17:18

I tend to stick to eggs as it's a no brainer but I'll check that link out.

summerbreeze1 Thu 01-Jun-17 07:41:31

Wow well done op for that weight loss! Good luck with it all. I need to muster up the will power to give it a go.

AndHoldTheBun Thu 01-Jun-17 07:53:49

You were eating too many calories- although we (low carbers) usually say there's no need to count calories

AndHoldTheBun Thu 01-Jun-17 07:57:25

Pressed too soon!

We usually say there's no need to count calories, and for most people that's true, you still need some sort of AWARENESS of calories.

In my own opinion, those who've really struggled with portion control in the past need to "be aware". It is harder, but still possible, to overeat on low carb.

SleepFreeZone Thu 01-Jun-17 09:19:33

I assume youre right AndHold. I can't totally remember what I was eating but I think I'm now eating more low carb veg and hardly any meat, mainly fish.

AndHoldTheBun Thu 01-Jun-17 13:38:50

My go-to lunch these days is fish (wild salmon or cod, Aldi does both at very good prices in their freezer section). The salmon is very good cubed, pan fried with a little bit of butter, served cold in a mixed salad or hot with spirallized courgette. The cod is great pan-fried or oven baked with Mediterranean style veg (with the emphasis on the lower carb veg), but making sure to add in some fat for flavour.
When I was much heavier, I didn't need to be aware of the calories at all, I just cut the carbs very low but now I do need to think about it a bit more. So more fish, less red meat, careful with amounts for cream, cheese, butter etc while absolutely not being "low fat!"

SleepFreeZone Thu 01-Jun-17 15:32:42

So far I seem to be ok with as much oil and cheese as I want as long as I don't then go mad with red meats. So maybe it's a one or the other type thing. I'm having a late lunxh/ early dinner of fine beans, caulk and broccoli, friend off mushrooms and I'll sprinkle Parmesan over the top. Lush!

SleepFreeZone Thu 01-Jun-17 15:33:09

Typos galore!!

SleepFreeZone Sat 03-Jun-17 16:14:23

So had a weigh in this morning and another pound gone. I'm now 6lb down on what I was two weeks ago! That's mad! I feel like I should write a book 🙊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now