Talk

Advanced search

So frustrated

(11 Posts)
theluckiest Mon 08-May-17 08:03:53

So am on week 3 of a LCHF diet and loving the food. Really enjoying it...

BUT I haven't lost anything!! Not a lb!!! And I have a lot to lose. Started at 13st 9 three weeks ago, scales this morning started to go down (got to 13st 6 last week) am back to 13st 9 this morning???WTF is going on?

Just finished af so it's not that. Please look at my food diary and see if you can spot anything-

- breakfast 2 scrambled eggs
- lunch chicken salad with avocado & olives, pot yoghurt.
- dinner is usually meat (chicken, pork steak, steak) with veg (asparagus, cauli, roasted veg ; full-fat yoghurt with blueberries or square grated dark choc.
- not really snacking - have occasional chicken drumstick if hungry.
- drinking water & mint tea throughout the day. Have occasional (1 a day) tea without sugar, splash of milk.

And that's it!!! Does that sound right?

I suspect the scales are showing a slight indulgence this weekend as I had 3 bbqs (so a few, not loads, glasses prosecco & a gin or two) Is that the likely culprit?

I also went for a run yesterday so wondered if that make me retain water?! (Desperate)

I'm really motivated so not going to hit the biscuit tin (& don't really want to) just wondering if I'm on the right path?
I feel a bit slimmer. Trousers not as tight but have a wedding in 3 weeks & really wanted to feel better!!!

bellalurgy Wed 10-May-17 11:51:28

Hi, I'm no expert but as you've had no responses I'll do my best grin

How do you cook your eggs, lots of butter?
What do you mean by 'salad', did you put olive oil on? And what sort of yoghurt was it? You need full fat with no fruit/sugar otherwise the carbs are too high
Dinner sounds good, but is that a second yoghurt in a day? Sometimes too much dairy stalls people and even full fat yoghurt has carbs
Also, how much water are you drinking? At least 3L?
You may not be eating enough or you may not have your fat high enough and your carbs low enough. Sometimes when you've discounted all the obvious things it's just trial and error.
You're only week 3 so there's a lot of adjustment to be made by your body. You also had social occasions that may have affected things.
Just think of it as a long term change, keep going and eventually you'll find what works.
You could also pop over to the boot camp thread, there's loads of info on the first post with links to recipes, ideas and lots of support. HTH

Bibs2014 Tue 16-May-17 22:41:29

I'm the same. Feel slimmer but scales are stuck ☹️

BIWI Wed 17-May-17 22:25:09

Bibs - but you know you haven't been doing Bootcamp because you've been eating all that fruit!

the luckiest - your food looks OK, but I'd knock the blueberries and the alcohol on the head. And are you eating enough fat?

Bibs2014 Wed 17-May-17 22:40:38

I realised that today BIWI 😂

AmyC86 Mon 22-May-17 18:33:11

I'd consider the yogurts, they can be full of sugars

LorLorr2 Mon 22-May-17 18:41:15

Please don't fixate on the number on the scales!! As you say, your trousers feel looser which means you have already trimmed up a bit. Look at yourself in the mirror in underwear, can you see the difference with your own eyes?
Plus, sometimes when people gain weight they get upset without realising it's actually muscle gain not fat.

Keep up the diet you've got going, perhaps make your portions smaller (except vegetables. Have as much low carb veg as you like) and with consistency you should get results.

theluckiest Mon 29-May-17 19:19:03

Hello, I'm back! Thanks for the replies.

Well, I'm still as heavy as ever. Lost nothing. But the weird thing is that I went to a wedding this weekend and genuinely didn't want the bread basket/sweets/carby stuff that I would've made a beeline for only a few months ago. What I have learned is that carbs make me feel bloated and sluggish. I just need to work out what to do to lose the fat!!
If I'm honest, I love this WOE : it makes me feel much, much better. But I don't know how to lose the weight.

I'm also trying to run 2-3 times a week. The only time I've lost before was when I trained for a half marathon. I'm fat but fairly fit!! Presumably, I don't need carbs when I've run? What's the advice here?

BIWI Mon 29-May-17 21:48:45

If you're fat-adapted, which you should be after 2-3 weeks of low carbing, then you can run without needing to carb load.

Why don't you come and join us on the Low Carb Bootcamp? We've only just started week 2!

theluckiest Mon 29-May-17 22:02:35

Thanks biwi. I might just do that. Even when I've had a crappy few days I always log on and lurk around the Bootcamp for inspiration!! I may just bite the bullet and come join you guys...

MumIsRunningAMarathon Mon 29-May-17 22:18:20

Yes join boot camp

I lost almost 5 stone on one of biwi boot camps!

Not sure why it's not coming off for you but post what you eat on the thread and the they will help you

Btw, I've run a lot when low carving. No issues. I'm can be done! Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now