Talk

Advanced search

Oh dear. I can't 'go'.

(5 Posts)
GoodyGoodyGumdrops Sat 06-May-17 12:16:07

I did not drink enough yesterday. Now I'm bunged. Is there anything I can take to (ahem) move matters along? Prunes are out of the question, I expect!

BIWI Sat 06-May-17 15:39:48

You don't have to 'go' every day. Constipation is defined more by having pain or an obviously difficult poo to pass.

Drink plenty of water, and eat lots of fat. If you can fit in some exercise, that will also help - can you go for a run, for example?

Prunes are definitely out, but make sure that you're getting your carbs today from vegetables, so you'll get the fibre from those.

Depending on how many carbs you're trying to eat per day, you could also add in a slice of wholemeal bread/toast.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Sat 06-May-17 16:45:48

I fit your description. I've had a kale and olive oil smoothie (with other stuff in it, too!).

It's the lack of drink. I know it is. Happens every time I have a rushed day and don't get enough liquids down me.

TheOriginalChatelaine Sun 07-May-17 23:02:51

Try Health Salts, which are Magnesium Sulphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Critric Acid. Can be used as a laxative.

NearlyEaster Tue 16-May-17 17:01:34

I find 1000mg of vit C keeps everything running regularly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now