Talk

Advanced search

Wedding in 8 weeks (Mine)

(3 Posts)
Serowe72 Sun 09-Apr-17 08:20:45

I'm about 3 stone overweight and I am getting married in 8 weeks. It's a very intimate wedding, so I'm trying not to stress to much.
I have been stressed to the max, coping with a baby and moving countries too.

I haven't bought a dress yet, I know it is because I feel huge. So i have woken up today absolutely determined to low carb until wedding and drop at least a stone before I go looking for a dress.

Any other brides out there as disorganised as me? ( Dont suppose there will be too many ) smile

I'm going to post everyday hoping to encourage myself, if any of you wonderful people want to post links to casual wedding dresses for a size 16, please feel free.

I'm desperate I tell you D e s p e r a t e !

Sylvannas Wed 19-Apr-17 09:51:18

I bought my dress before I lost the weight (risky I know). I had no choice but to lose the weight.

I went low carb while cutting out sugar and fats. It worked a treat although not much to sustain you during the day. I ate mostly meat and veg/salads. Lost a stone within a month.
I also bought a cross trainer. Great investment!

I'm sure someone will be along with a healthier alternative.

Congratulations and I hope you get where you want to be.
Xx

FenellaMaxwellsPony Wed 19-Apr-17 09:57:46

I lost a lot of weight due to stress in the run up to our wedding (terminally ill parent), so my dress had to be taken in last minute. Unfortunately it was taken in too far and was too small so I had about 2 weeks to lose a stone for it. I did the Dukan diet and 30 day shred combined and it worked brilliantly, especially considering I was a size 10 to start with so didn't have lots of 'free' weight my body was going to be keen to drop.

As you have limited time, it's worth giving Dukan a try. It's really hard but it's so effective!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now