Talk

Advanced search

Visual result's?

(7 Posts)
not2impressed Sun 02-Apr-17 10:39:16

So I changed my eating habits last week.
I've stopped eating late at night, I'm not snacking between meals, I've cut out pops and sweets etc. According to my scales I've dropped 8lb. Now while i know this is an amazing loss to look at me, it doesn't ring true. (I'm rather on the large size about 6 stone overweight)
I'm obviously going to keep going, just curious how long it takes for you to notice actual losses. Thanks guys

BIWI Wed 05-Apr-17 21:59:19

It's not unusual! You might lose a lot in the first week, a bit less in the second week - and then in weeks 3 and 4 not lose anything.

First, you lose water. Then - on a low carb diet - you lose the glycogen stores you have in your liver - and then you start to lose fat.

It seems as if, after this, your body needs a bit of a rest (no idea why!), and then after that you lose fat.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 05-Apr-17 22:21:17

When I had 5-6st to lose, I started noticing it on my clothes after about 1.5st, and people started noticing it on me after 2st.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Wed 05-Apr-17 22:23:53

I noticed, during that diet, that many times clothes that fit me one week were far too big the following week, yet I had only lost a pound in weight - the same rate as the previous weeks. And there would be some weeks when the weight was dropping off most satisfactorily, yet my clothes still fit week after week.

BIWI Thu 06-Apr-17 08:42:20

Yes, you can definitely change shape without the scales seeming to notice!

SwimmingMom Thu 06-Apr-17 11:09:23

Dropped a lot of weight & size in week 1. Other people noticed it more than me. Now at week 5, am close to losing 4lb, stuck here for a few weeks now. Lost 1 dress size & noticeably slimmer on the tummy, arms, face, neck & legs. The hips are resisting a bit! Lol.grin

SwimmingMom Thu 06-Apr-17 11:10:34

Sorry not 4lb it should be 10lb (converting from kg & confused!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now