Talk

Advanced search

Very ill through the night, I'm worried to carry on.

(3 Posts)
acornsandnuts Thu 30-Mar-17 13:34:53

I started low carb eating on Saturday, I went to bed last night feeling fine, however, I woke at around 4am drenched in sweat with my heart pounding and extremely thirsty. So I decided to get up and get a drink but could hardly move I was so weak and started to shake.

I woke my husband who brought me some water and a couple of biscuits and it took around 30 mins to pull myself around but felt awful until now.

I have low carbed before but never felt like this before, is it diet related or something else. I've ate greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast and poached egg on toast for lunch today and feel ok but I'm a bit scared to go back to low carb.

Copperas Sun 02-Apr-17 09:58:14

How are you now? Sounds a bit like that ghastly thing, a panic attack

BIWI Wed 05-Apr-17 22:02:37

It's very unlikely to be to do with low carbing, especially if you've low carbed before. But it does sound very scary sad

However, if you've been eating an extremely low carb diet, and drinking lots of water, then it could be to do with your electrolytes being out of balance. So you need to make sure you're getting plenty of sodium, magnesium and potassium.

Add salt to your food, and consider drinking a hot drink made from Oxo/Bovril/Marmite. And good foods to eat are salmon, avocado, spinach and full fat natural yoghurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now