Talk

Advanced search

Low carb chocolate

(7 Posts)
workallweek Tue 28-Mar-17 19:48:11

Very high cocoa content chocolate is low in carbs, Lindt 90% chocolate is 14g of carbs per 100g.

I was excited when I found this out until I put it in my mouth and it was bitter as fook.

Any ideas how to make it more palatable?

workallweek Tue 28-Mar-17 19:50:16

Obviously in a low carb way 😂

ErrolTheDragon Tue 28-Mar-17 19:52:42

You get used to it - just eat small quantities, maybe with a hot drink or (if it fits your requirements) a small glass of milk.

workallweek Tue 28-Mar-17 20:19:37

I was thinking maybe mix it with some whipped double cream to make a mousse? Or add some salt perhaps? I understand what you mean but I think I would need something to help with the transition.

Nottsangel2015 Thu 30-Mar-17 08:14:00

I discovered this when I started low carbing, I have got used to it but I occasionally put a thin layer of peanut butter on a square and that makes it nicer. Keep leaning to try the moose tho! May have a go this weekend x

BIWI Wed 05-Apr-17 22:03:43

As you get more into low carbing, your taste buds definitely change. 90% cocoa chocolate now tastes sweet to me!

FinallyHere Mon 24-Apr-17 16:01:30

I started on the 99%, drinking it alongside a litre of water. Now, like BIWI, the 90% one tastes quite decadent. Enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now