Talk

Advanced search

no carb, high protein

(5 Posts)
Dollface7 Sun 26-Mar-17 18:14:10

anyone starting a no carb, high protein diet?

GertyTheGert Sun 26-Mar-17 18:41:20

A girl at work has (I haven't - although I bloomin' well should!). She told me her favourite snack is garlic and parsley prawns from M&S, which she uses to fill herself up when she feels a waivering....... I temporarily sit next to her and the aroma was deeeelicious! Not sure if I'm helping you whatsoever, but she told me her meal that night was two chicken breasts with spinach & green beans. I asked about the veg (!) and she said they are some of the lowest-carb veg. So as I've mentioned some carbs, not sure its of any help?!?

Titsywoo Sun 26-Mar-17 18:44:54

Like dukan? It's pretty hard and not very good for you. Low carb is pretty good - just getting your carbs in veg.

CaptainBraandPants Sun 26-Mar-17 18:47:04

Come and join *BIWIs* bootcamp - it is low carb (not sure non carb is doable or sensible), high fat and medium protein. That tends to be the proportions of all the LC/ ketogenic diets I have seen. And it works. grin
We are on week 7, but people come and go and everyone is welcome.

BIWI Sun 26-Mar-17 21:39:58

As Captain says, it should be low carb, not no carb - and you should get your carbs from veg and salad. So spinach and beans were probably a good choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now