Talk

Advanced search

Low carb shakes

(6 Posts)
livefrommysofa Wed 22-Mar-17 08:15:28

Hi, I am considering starting low carb eating to lose weight and I've heard it's good for PCOS. The thing is I struggle to eat breakfast. I can manage cereal once I've fully woke up that's obviously not great for low carving. I can't face hot food or meats for breakfast and if I'm having breakfast it has to be before I start work as once I'm at work I don't get chance to grab anything until lunch time. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a low carb shake I could use for breakfast. I seem to remember slim fast being full of sugars.
Thanks

sadzak Tue 28-Mar-17 17:46:02

Exante diet shakes keep you in ketosis

hazelnutlatte Tue 28-Mar-17 17:53:39

Protein shakes are often lowish carb - they are not specifically designed for a low carb diet but I don't see why they wouldn't be suitable. Just checked the one I have in my cupboard, it has 1.7g of carbs per serving (and 25g of protein). They do usually contain artificial sweeteners if that's a concern? The brand in my cupboard is 'optimum nutrition' but I'm sure other brands are similar.

BeeFarseer Thu 27-Apr-17 22:59:36

I like the Atkins Advantage shakes. They are 4g of carb per serving (I use the powder) and I make them up with nut milks rather than water. I had one yesterday that was lovely - vanilla shake powder with roasted almond milk, a sachet of matcha powder, and cinnamon.

I know that's not as low as some, but since I have them to replace a meal, they're low enough for me. I'm prediabetic and they don't spike my blood sugars at all.

Megsmcgoo Sun 07-May-17 13:18:12

The myprotein shakes are low carb 😊

Rowenag Mon 15-May-17 06:54:11

Atkins advantage shakes can also be bought ready made. I have one everyday for breakfast at work and it is so convenient. I don't think I will ever have anything else now. They taste quite nice if you drink them chilled. You can buy them in Boots and Tesco or online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now