Low carb breakfast if you hate eggs?

(14 Posts)
UmuLuxury Tue 28-Feb-17 05:56:56

I LOVE yoghurt but getting slightly sick of it. Need something relatively easy to prepare so can't make a low carb loaf to have with avocado etc.

Thank!

UmuLuxury Tue 28-Feb-17 05:57:11

*thanks blush

mehimthem Tue 28-Feb-17 06:17:28

hi - I cannot ind the weblink source for this LC breakfast recipe, but I used it lots for a time when I too was getting v. bored with eggs. Mix 1 tbsp each of chia seeds, ground almonds (almond meal), ground - or whole flaxseeds (I used the whole flaxseeds which helped with regularity ifykwim), 1 tsp coconut flour, & 6 tbsp almond or coconut milk. Mix all together & microwave for 1 minute. You could also stir in a pinch of sweetener or serve with sugar free maple syrup - or just berries/chopped nuts.
Note - flaxseeds may also be called linseeds. Was reasonably quick to whip up while I was in my sleepy fog & could be varied with add ins. And - depending on how much LCHF you are too, serve with whipping cream & up those fats for your day. smile

HiDBandSIL Tue 28-Feb-17 06:20:34

Tofu scrambled "eggs" with veggies.

FiaMarrow Tue 28-Feb-17 06:22:47

A selection of cheese and meats.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Tue 28-Feb-17 06:33:11

Is there a way you can make a low carb loaf in advance and then just toast a bit in the mornings? That's what I do. They are really easy to make but if you can't be bothered, Waitrose does a veggie rye bread which is fairly low carb. It also keeps for ages (unopened, about 6 months) and comes in a pack of 6 slices so you can just take out a slice in the morning and put some marmite or whatever on it. I don't often go to Waitrose but when I do, I stock up.

Movingonuppppp Tue 28-Feb-17 06:34:24

Chopped up fruit?

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Tue 28-Feb-17 13:42:04

Moving chopped up fruit isn't low carb!

SpeckleDust Tue 28-Feb-17 13:49:05

Depends on what you like to eat, but I used to sometimes have thin slices of ham/chicken filled with homemade coleslaw and rolled up. Or sometimes iceberg/romaine lettuce spread with pate and rolled up.

I think you need to think of any meal being suitable for breakfast when low-carbing, rather than just the traditional breakfast stuff. What do you eat for lunches/dinners that you like? Could you eat some of those things in the morning?

empirerecordsrocked Tue 28-Feb-17 13:52:26

I hate eggs BUT could deal with flourless breakfast muffin type things - they are not eggy at all if you add enough to disguise them!

Crack 6 eggs into a bowl, add chopped up chorizo / salami / ham / cheese / veg and mix up. Pour into silicone muffin cases and bake for around 20 mins.

Dont eat them hot - they can retain eggy-ness, let them cool down and keep in fridge - really handy for breakfast on teh go.

Ridingthegravytrain Tue 28-Feb-17 13:58:21

I make buckwheat pancakes. One egg, teaspoon of baking powder, unsweetened almond milk and buckwheat flour. Mix and add until a thick batter is made. I sprinkle erythritol as a sugar substitute on top

SpeckleDust Tue 28-Feb-17 14:01:49

Not sure if this is suitable for you for breakfast due to garlic but this recipe for Paleo Chicken Wraps could be adapted if you had time to prep/cook the meat in advance and wash some lettuce the night before.

TodaysFishIsTroutALaCreme Tue 28-Feb-17 21:06:55

Speckle that wrap sounds lovely. Am definitely going to make that.

chocoshopoholic Thu 16-Mar-17 21:26:44

I often have mushrooms and mozellera.

I slice the mushrooms and grate over the cheese the night before.

Put in the microwave on microwave plus grill setting for 3:30 mins in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now