Talk

Advanced search

How/ what do you eat when you never feel hungry?

(5 Posts)
NE14T Wed 11-Jan-17 09:25:23

I'm low carbing at the moment which I find really easy as most of the meals I eat are low carb anyway so I'm just giving up the alcohol and sweets I eat in between blush

I'm within a healthy BMI atm but about 24 so near the top and have about a stone to lose to get back to my ideal weight. The problem is that I lose weight really easy low carbing but then it comes back on again simply because when I go into ketosis I don't want to eat, at all. I just never feel hungry, never fancy eating anything.

So, I stick to it for 3 weeks, lose weight quickly and then get weak and angry and end up eating normally and put it all back on!

I have no real time frame for wanting to lose the weight except spring/ summer, whenever it starts getting warmer. I've been low carbing for a week or so and am slipping back into my old ways of not really eating which I'm aware is totally unhealthy and I want to lose it slower but I really struggle to force myself to eat when I'm in ketosis. I end up feeling full after a few bites and only really have one proper meal a day. This isn't helped by shift work so I'm always switching between nights and days and 13 hour shifts.

So, what do you eat when you don't really fancy eating, just to get calories and energy into you? I'm determined to stick to it this time and sort out this stubborn stone once and for all. And I don't want to put it back on so I have to do this sensibly!

ragz134 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:59:23

I'm currently doing the blood sugar diet, low carb and low calories and I have also found I'm not really hungry. Nuts are good as one small handful can be 200cals and they have fibre which I don't seem to be getting enough of. Lots of cheese, cream in my coffee... I am eating proper dinners with plenty of veg though.

CancellyMcChequeface Thu 12-Jan-17 22:25:34

I could have written most of your OP! Nuts are a very good suggestion. I also like Greek yogurt for when I want something easy to eat. Maybe adding more oils to your cooking? I use coconut oil which is very good for extra calories and healthy fat. I find that on days that I've been exercising I sometimes have even less appetite, so sometimes have a bit of protein powder.

NE14T Sat 14-Jan-17 17:19:20

Sorry I missed these messages 😳

Good advice! I've stocked up on some individual packs of the graze protein nuts (boots have them for 59p atm!)

I'm having a good meal a day and just cramming loads of calories into that basically with snacks in between. Today's and tomorrow's (love leftovers!) is good quality beef sausages from the butchers with cauliflower and broccoli cheese with the sauce made from sour cream and Parmesan in... Tons of calories!

Am doing pretty well so far, not drinking as much as I should be but trying to make an effort to do so when I remember.

AnaG1ypta Sun 15-Jan-17 09:29:45

I try and eat two meals a day, hungry or not. A bowl of a few berries and a big scoop of extra thick double cream is my usual snack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now