Talk

Advanced search

Low carb packed lunches for work

(8 Posts)
JC23 Sun 08-Jan-17 23:56:37

I'd love to hear your favourite ideas for packed lunches and snacks to take to work. With minimum preparation required. I don't mind eating the same thing every day.

FleshEmoji Mon 09-Jan-17 13:17:02

When I was doing this I got myself one of these - http://theidleman.com/black-blum-box-appetit-lunch-box-square-blue.html?fee=50&fep=33445&gclid=CPDbutiStdECFVEo0woddtIHuw

Salad stuff in the large compartment, protein in the smaller one, & dressing in its own container so the leaves don't go soggy.

JC23 Mon 09-Jan-17 20:17:44

Ooh I've seen something similar in a shop near me

concretejungle Mon 09-Jan-17 21:10:51

Seventeen pounds?!? Holy moly.

concretejungle Mon 09-Jan-17 21:13:44

More constructively:
- dinner leftovers
- avocado
- mini cheeses
- pepperami (altho v processed, do not ideal, but handy to have in fridge as backup)
- boiled eggs
- cold meats

FeralBeryl Mon 09-Jan-17 21:19:01

I am hideously lazy at prep so I buy ready cooked chicken thighs, ready cooked strips of bacon, gammon slices etc. Can be eaten hot or cold.
Eggs are also a great staple, go with anything and really fill you up. If you aren't lazy, hard boil a couple to take in - or if you are, Tesco, Morrisons etc do them in the sandwich section now for fellow lazy arses grin
Handful of spinach and a bit of avocado and you're good to go.

I've also taken because DH made it an omelette one day and bunged it in the microwave for a min.

Google some easy low carb soup recipes too and make a big vat and freeze it in portions.

Tartle Mon 09-Jan-17 22:43:35

You can make little pastryless quiche muffin things in a cupcake tin that work pretty well. Line with silicon cake cases (or you can use a slice of chorizo as pastry) and add beaten egg, cheese, bit of ham, some veg etc and bake in oven for about 35 mins. They last for a few days and work for a quick breakfast as well. Can eat hot or cold.

Snowflake65 Tue 10-Jan-17 11:13:35

Low carb tortillas chuck in some salad and cooked meat / tuna job done.

My boss forgot his lunch so I gave him one and he couldn't tell the difference between the low carb and a normal tortilla.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now