Talk

Advanced search

The blood sugar diet

(6 Posts)
Figure17a Tue 27-Dec-16 20:09:27

Has anyone tried this? I'm not really overweight as I exercise loads and not diabetic but am prone to bingeing and know my mood etc is better when my blood sugar is stable

From what I l've seen it all makes perfect sense but 800 calories per day. Is that even possible?!

CactusFred Sat 31-Dec-16 17:57:21

I have. Lost nearly 3 stone in 8 weeks. Blood sugar at safe level and off blood pressure tablets.

The first couple of days were hard but after that it was easy.

Highly recommended 😀

AntiQuitty Sun 01-Jan-17 11:41:40

I did 5 days last year and lost 10lbs and kept it off for months. I had an underactive thyroid which ultimately scuppered everything. I'm starting again today. It's rough to start with but gets surprisingly easy.

VLCos Mon 02-Jan-17 17:10:52

I have just completed 8 weeks lost 28 lbs highly recommended

BreakingBod Tue 03-Jan-17 14:17:54

Figure17a if you don't need to lose weight but just want to improve your health and eating habits, why not follow the principles of the diet but without counting calories? 800 calories is very hard to stick to, well done those of you who managed it!

Ifeelyourpain2 Wed 04-Jan-17 17:32:44

Have you tried low carb high fat? I'm in the same position as you, my bmi is 20 but only because I exercise so much combined with days of eating barely anything.

I wanted a way of eating that stopped the cravings and bingeing etc and lchf stabilises my appetite massively. It's a breath of fresh air not having blood sugar spikes. Might be worth a try, as you can lose weight on it easily without having to restrict calories to such low amounts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now