Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for low carb custard

(6 Posts)
FawnDrench Wed 23-Nov-16 21:35:12

I was just wondering if anyone has a tried and tested recipe for low carb custard please.
I understand this is known as custard sauce in the USA.

I have looked on all the usual websites but to be honest, they give quite differing recipes and some don't state the carb count.

Hopefully somebody will be willing to post a suitable recipe. Thanks in anticipation for your help.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 23-Nov-16 21:40:25

How low carb does it need to be? Proper custard is milk and eggs, with a small amount of sugar which if you dont mind the taste you can swap for splenda

FawnDrench Thu 24-Nov-16 15:55:58

Thanks Errol.
The custard recipe I'm after needs to be as low carb as possible!

TheMortificadosDragon Thu 24-Nov-16 16:22:35

here is a recipe which looks like the standard method except no sugar, 1.5 g carb per serving. Baked egg custards are much easier, similar ingredients.

FawnDrench Sun 27-Nov-16 12:30:19

Thanks Dragon - I will try it out this week.

FamiliarSting Mon 09-Jan-17 15:48:24

Did you find one you liked?
I made low carb custard the other week and it turned out really nice.
I just used my regualar custard recipe but replaced the carbs/sugar with LC friendly stuff. Double cream plus a bit of water instead of the milk, and used sweetener instead of sugar and skipped the cornflour, it thickened nicely and was yummy both hot and cold.
I can copy out my recipe if you like but assume you've found one by now!

I made a trifle with it using a sponge made from cocoa and ground almonds, sugar free jelly and cream, it was really nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now