Talk

Advanced search

Low carbing but no weight loss?

(5 Posts)
PigPigTrotters Fri 28-Oct-16 12:44:44

I've been low carbing for a month now, my eating feels much more in control, I eat two meals a day as I'm not hungry until lunchtime, I'm eating much less than I used to as I would constantly graze (and eat maltesers and other crap everyday).

I'm drinking plenty, I'm sticking to very low carb options, I'm not snacking much, and if I do it will be on olives, little bit of cheese, things like that.

I feel slightly less like I have a fat suit on, but my clothes still fit the same and I don't look like I've lost any at all.
Am I going wrong somewhere, or is this how it happens? Will the weight suddenly start dropping off?

kardashianklone Fri 28-Oct-16 12:47:18

4 weeks isn't enough time for anything to make a difference. Are you exercising? What are your fats like? Eating low carbs, but still having high fats (cheese, olives) won't see much results. Results will come from high protein, low carb, low fat, and exercise. And longer than a month, unfortuantely.

PigPigTrotters Fri 28-Oct-16 12:50:07

Really? But everywhere I read it says you need high fats as well? And I've read an article saying too high protein can stall weight loss (but said in more scientific terms which I can't remember)?
Do you have any links I can read about this, I'm seriously confused!

SingingTunelessly Fri 28-Oct-16 12:53:50

You do need fat with a low carb diet. Lots of oil, butter, etc. Why don't you join in the LC Bootcamp thread BIWI has on here. Really useful advice and lots of great support as well.

PigPigTrotters Fri 28-Oct-16 12:54:22

I will, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now