Talk

Advanced search

Lchf

(6 Posts)
doughnutcraver Wed 19-Oct-16 11:01:27

This is all new to me. I need to loose 19lbs and usually do slimming world or low calorie. I have put on 19lbs in 2 months by eating takeaways, way too much chocolate and crisps and I need to stop.
I have been shopping and stocked up on fish, meat, butter, cream, eggs, cauliflower, eggs and spinach.

I have a couple of questions if anyone would mind answering. I usually drink tea would I have to change to coffee with milk?
How many grams of carbs should I eat?
Is there a certain amount of protein and fat that I need to look for or is it unlimited?

I have just ordered a book off eBay so hopefully that'll help but I really need to get started.

BIWI Tue 25-Oct-16 22:18:08

It all depends on what kind of plan you're following!

But I'd say:

- you can still drink tea, no need to switch to coffee - the issue here is milk, which can quickly get very carby if you're drinking a lot of cups a day.
- there's no one set amount of carbs per day, because different people tolerate carbs differently
- fat is what you should be mainly eating, then protein and then carbs

Which book have you ordered?

PacificDogwod Tue 25-Oct-16 22:22:27

I rate this site for information, inspiration and recipes.

HFLC worked really well for me, with a bit of 16:8 intermittent fasting thrown in (hours, not days wink).

I really just ate like the rest of the family but minus the carbs/starch, so ate what they had minus the pasta/potatoes/rice/bread.
Found it really yummy, was never hungry, enjoy my food.
I lost 3+ st with ease and am now eating more carbs again but far less than I used to have.

Good luck.

BIWI Tue 25-Oct-16 22:40:38

I agree with Pacific - that's a really great site. Lots of good information and inspiring stuff there.

doughnutcraver Fri 11-Nov-16 08:10:36

Thanks for replies that's very helpful.
I gave up for two days have been back on track for 8 days and lost 6.5lbs.

I bought ketostix but they are still showing up pink not purple so don't know what's happening.

BIWI Fri 11-Nov-16 08:44:36

If you're drinking plenty of water, which you should be doing if you're low carbing, then ketostix won't work!

But the fact that you've lost 6.5lbs in 8 days should surely reassure you that you're doing something right!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now