Talk

Advanced search

How many grams of carbs per day do you eat?

(5 Posts)
Mottled Wed 03-Aug-16 20:40:59

I am soon to start low carbing as I need to lose 2 stone. After doing some research I have decided to count carbs and work out how many I can tolerate before getting cravings/stopping weightloss. Different articles seem to suggest that some people need to stick to 20 grams or under but others can eat 100 grams +. Just wondered how many carbs people on here eat? I thought that I should allow myself 50 for the first week and see how it goes from there.

LokisUnderpants Wed 03-Aug-16 20:43:39

I eat 20g max. My body can't tolerate more than that. I start to put on weight immediately. I've lost 56lbs so far so it's working!

Mottled Wed 03-Aug-16 20:48:08

Well done! Not sure that I would be able to stick to 20 grams but 56lbs is an impressive loss.

AstridPeth Thu 04-Aug-16 17:09:15

I have never counted my daily carb intake. But I have a rule that I don't eat anything with more than 5 grams of carbs per 100g. Using this method I have managed to lose 3 stone over the course of about 7 months.

MaryThorne Mon 08-Aug-16 08:56:08

I try to stick under 20g as otherwise I find it hard to shift the weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now