Talk

Advanced search

Reaction to carbs

(5 Posts)
SheriffCallie Sun 15-May-16 11:57:56

Been LCHF for about a month, not to bootcamp levels but still pretty strict. Travelling with a friend on Thursday and we stopped at motorway services, with me assuming I could get a salad or soup. Unfortunately, there was nothing low carb (society really is geared towards carbs😁) so I chose stri fried veg and noodles, with Thai chicken curry, planning to limit the noodles. Anyway, I ate about half the noodles, which wasn't great so I'm assuming I won't lose much if anything this week.
The bigger problem is my bowels 😕. All day Friday and yesterday I was v bloated and gassy, with some sharp pains. Pains have disappeared but I still feel a bit bloated. 3 days? Is this usual for sneaky carbs, or could I actually be suffering with some gastro bug (the kids had the runs early in the week so it's not out of the question).
And if it's carbs, it will make LCHF easier to stick to as I wouldn't want to be feeling like this on a regular basis.

BIWI Sat 21-May-16 18:50:34

It could indicate that you have a problem with wheat - although obviously that's assuming that the noodles were wheat-based.

miffy49 Sun 22-May-16 13:09:18

I have similar problems with grains that were highlighted after going strict LCHF. I have had gluten/wheat intolerance for many years now but the LCHF seemed to bring to light a general intolerance to most grains. If the kids have been poorly you might not be able to pin it down to the noodles this time but I have come to realise that no grain product tastes good enough to warrant feeling that rough! grin If I have to travel I carry a net of Baby Bels and a bag of nuts as emergency provisions!

redskirt3 Sun 29-May-16 10:08:00

I have a similar sort of question. I am finding that even tiny amounts of some not-allowed foods are causing me a bad reaction. Tonight I had 4 pasta spirals and a teaspoon of rice whilst cooking the kids' dinner and half an hour later I have a crampy tummy and low back.

BIWI Sat 11-Jun-16 15:14:22

Well, that's probably a bit of a clue that your body doesn't want you to eat those kinds of food!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now